Friday, May 27, 2005

End of the day musings

Firstly I wasn't able to use the photographic link on here to pull up piccies which is a nuisance, being a PHOTO journalist and all! Maybe it's me? I keep getting 'master error'.
When I was trained in the MoD one's boss was called 'the master' it seemd OK at the time but others seemed horrified that such a term existed.
In my first posting, a fresh-faced, enthusiastic little thing, my master's wife telephoned and I buzzed him to say 'your wife on the line'. I was called to the carpet ... in future I should say 'Mrs ....' calling. Pah, bumhug.
This evening I photographed a little boy who was upset that his parrot had gone missing. I was more upset watching him climb up on the garden shed roof and simply launch himself off the top. About to run and catch him, his mother told me he's always doing that and to take no notice. I now realise my kids were cosseted.
However, one defuses bombs and the other one climbs frozen waterfalls.
Maybe it's because I'm not watching?
A Brownie pet show followed. There were cats, rats, mice and Guinea Pigs, not all loose at once, which is just as well.
However, no .. later ...
Then on to a preview for an art weekend.
It's the Press Lady. It's the Target lady. All very nice to be recognised.
My reporter was there. Having given me jobs for the weekend she said 'don't bother'. What? and even offered to do the one mid-sunday afternoon that was preventing me travelling anywhere. told her not to worry I'm not actually going anywhere!
OK, on to another art launch. This time for local artists, well Lincs ones but the local ones were pertinent to me, who open their studios over the next month for visitors.
THIS time, as I walked into the garden the artist said, Hello Julie. Wow I have a name! Hello Julie from others too. I like this party! Then " You missed us last week, Julie, we had our flower festival!" I explained that 90% of the time if I miss something it's because I haven't been told about it. I'd have loved a flower festival. Good opportunity for some arty farty pix for myself, bugger the paper!
Am I allowed to say that on a blog?
A couple more artists introduced themselves, I have a picture by one of them (oh and by the host artist. He said he and I were the only ones who liked the picture I bought. That's fine by me, cos I got to buy it!)
Had to get my diary out so various peeps could tell me what's upcoming.
Summer's arrived. It's great and it's awful. It's piccies all day and captions all night.
Soo, there was a very lovely Persian cat daintily stepping over the daisies and then another vey fluffy cat appear and there were pheasants roaming free. Neither one bothered the other.
In fact I took a pix the other day which I had to go to great lengths to scramble over a flower border to compose so I could get the cat in, which was snoozing in the garden, with pigeons flying to their box .. maybe they were doves they were white? So is a cat among the pigeons less safe than a cat among the doves?
Oh, I forgot one. A Sri Lankan cricketer has been sposored to come over and play for the local team and do some coaching to earn some pennies to rebuild/replace his home lost in the Tsunami disaster. Louth was promoted to the premiere county at the end of last season. Well, that's the second but one best. No, the best but one. With this kind of coaching who know where they'll be at the end of THIS season?
It turned out to be my ex boss doing the sponsoring so I got lots of quote stuff and smiley pictures. I think I actually managed to get a ball, just loosed from a bowl in one shot, too.
I could show you ... but the piccie upload isn't working, is it?
I'm off to the pub. G'night all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home