Sunday, June 19, 2005

Smelling the roses

The lady, Anne Marie, whom I visited this evening, had invited me to smell her roses. She has a lovely old farm house which she and her husband converted when they moved in 30 years ago and there's a beautiful one-acre garden which they planted from being a field. The roses are abundant, all colours and sizes, bushes and climbing.
We went around every bush in that garden and not ONE was smelling! We decided that they'd just given up the ghost with the heat we had today.
I drank home-made mulbery cordial. I thought mulberries grew on bushes (Nursery rhyme ... here we go round the mulberry bush, etc) but they were on a tree and a blooming great big tree at that!
Got some culture tomorrow! Going to see Romeo and Juliet at Derby Playhouse. Romeo and Juliet Reviews Apparently the reviewers either love it or hate it. There's a great big truck on stage. There's different!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the opportunity for some culture, too--next week is our Shakespeare festival. My company is one of the sponsors, and the festival is just a couple of blocks away. A group of us are planning to go--it's free, even. The play will be "Much Ado About Nothing."

Tue Jun 21, 03:20:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Hope you enjoy it pj .. do we get a review??

Tue Jun 21, 08:35:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, now it looks like I may not get to go--at least, on the evening when my group of friends is going. It turns out that two of my grandkids are going to be in "Bye, Bye, Birdie" (not so cultural as Shakespeare, but grandkids top the Bard, you know!), and it looks like that is the only time I will be able to see it. The play is put on Wednesday afternoons, tomorrow and next week, and the next two weekends, when I am otherwise occupied, darn it! It will mean I'll need to leave work about noon to get over there (Arrow Rock MO, near Columbia, about a 2 hour drive).

Wed Jun 22, 03:35:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home