Saturday, July 02, 2005

Many a true word is spoken in jest!

When I headed the last post 'Back in Harness' I wasn't thinking I actually would be but you'll see from the photographs below when I was at the
Lincolnshire Gliding Club there I was strapped into a parachute and then into the plane harness. I was lucky enough to have two flights, the first at the rear of the pilot and then in the front. Got a lovely cup of tea, too!
It's great soaring so quietly, there's so much to take in my head needed to be on a swivel.
Vertically challenged, sitting down, too, I had to hold the camera up to the perspex 'lid' (there must be a technical term) or the small sliding window opending and just pop shots off hoping I'd get some good pictures.
Also visited Elsie Bette who gave me a demonstration of tatting. Elsie was using the finest thread and the Lord knows how she managed to see the tiny stitches - I had difficulty threading a needle a couple of weeks back. I took a photograph of Elsie with family, a 102nd birthday piccie. The arts & crafts exhibition at Withern Methodist Church was interesting, too. I do wish I had more time to stay and try out some of the activities.
But then again ... I did fly!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home