Saturday, July 02, 2005

Back in Harness

Had a fun time in Essex. Zoomed down to the A1 via Horncastle (going through New York!) and Peterborough and it was a two and three quarter hour journey, arrived about 7pm. An old friend, Peter, put on a murder mystery play where peeps sit at tables, have a few nibbles and discuss among themselves and then with the cast ‘whodunnit’. I changed my mind twice, the last time deciding that ‘Brian dun it’ but since we’d all discounted him we went with the consensus. Guess what? He did!!
It was good fun. Yesterday had been busy and I hadn’t had time to eat so the nibbles were welcome but I’d have devoured a take away as well if we’d got to one before they all shut!
Similar timing on the return route but a different one, up the A1 via Newark and Lincoln. Afraid I put my foot down a bit, as did others, as we hit the motorway stretch near Peterborough and as people shuffled for places we were all going a bit fast. I’m hoping that the policeman with a speed gun was concentrating on the zoomers in the outside lane and not those (me) just using speed as a tool to get into a comfortable position.
That all I was doing occifer!!!
I’m off now to take a picture of a local lady who’s 102, a craft day in Withern and possibly visit the gliding club’s open weekend. That’s on tomorrow too, but tomorrow’s already quite full, so we’ll see!!!
I had a flight last year. The weather isn’t at it’s best today for flying, patchy sunshine, so the gliders won’t fly so high and the view won’t be so good.Vroom vroom ……

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home