Monday, June 27, 2005

Want a sunny day guaranteed?

Dat's my boyyyyyyy .... and my girlllllllll. The picture is a couple of years' old, almost, but they're still my babies!!!

Sorry, developed 'big gap syndrome' again!!! I tried to correct but it just doesn't want to play!

Beautiful day today, my computer told me it was hot, I mean the weather was hot, i.e. 23 deg and I determined to get the ironing done outdoors in the bikini but I got stuck into opening my mail for the last two weeks and a few more admin jobs when I realised I had a job at 1pm and had to whizzzz out to it. I managed to snatch 40 mins getting the sun on my back and the laundry is now wonderfully fresh, ironed and crisp. Had another job at 4 so jumped in the bath and dashed around there.
Well, since the sun was still shining I decided to take in a few more rays, chatted with anna at the back, taking my mobile and the landline handset out with me, trotted back indoor and saw my mobile there again. Trotted outdoors and there's my mobile AGAIN! Erk, what I done?
Back indoors, picked up the mobile, outdoors picked up yet another mobile, identical and realised I'd purloined someone else's phone!
I went to the gallery to see if I could find a picture of the person ... well, I take pix of myself occasionally to send to friends, if I'm doing something stupid!!! Hmm, decided it HAD to be a guy's phone ;) .... lots of pix called 'Babe' LOL. But none of anyone I recognised. So, tried the contact list to attempt to find where I'd pinched it from and figured I'd picked it up at the last job. Went thro the contact list and tried to call the company I'd visited on it. Engaged. Found 'Mum' ... engaged .. I figured maybe the person who'd lost their phone was calling their mum to tell 'em! Looked again .. 'Dad Work' ... engaged .... 'Nanna' engaged.
Then it occured to me that the loss might have been noted and the phone blocked. So used my own, got through to the last job and sure enough that's where I'd picked it up but its loss hadn't been noticed. The young guy it belonged to came to collect it (I did get dressed before he arrived!) and he looked tebbly embarrassed.
Should have been me who was embarrassed. I mean, fancy pinching someone's mobby??
Anyway ... Since 1978, barring one day alone, June 29th has been a beautifully sunny day.
Have I been looking at statistics??
Nope ... it was the day my son was born (also sunny). So if you're organising a barbie, make it June 29th.
OH, of course, you'll have to be where I am, cos that's where it's sunny!
And if you've made sense of this post ... jolly well done!
Oh yes, my bubble got burst today!
blub blub blub .... Some guy on a dating site sent me a message about the picture down below of me in my stripey pants ... "those trousers look bloody awful ... change your pictures"
Some people can be a little too confrontational!!!!
Yes, he's been de-listed from 'friends'!!
Yes, I did refuse to date him a few months ago.
I can change my trousers ... it'd cost him a helluva lot more to change his face!
Julie you bitch! Hah! Don't care!

5 Comments:

Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

I told the guy,politely, that there were no need to be rude and he responded that it was true! So, not wanting to get into a slanging match I ignored him and got another message saying I'd 'got the hump' - meaning I had taken umbrage. Course I had! But I left it there.
I suppose it was retaliation for his dented ego, cos if he was wanting to get into my good books it was a very strange way to go about it!
Actually, one of (the few)reasons I didn't want to date him was his brusque manner and apparent wish to control.
Pyk doesn't 'do' being controlled anymore.
Let the light shine through!!
I work on the premise that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!
Thanks, gals!

Tue Jun 28, 09:29:00 am 2005  
Blogger ScaryCheri said...

oh, darn it, I always forget about the "if you can't say anything nice..." thing

Tue Jun 28, 01:30:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Yeah, but you can think all manner of wicked things!!! :)
and stick pins in figurines!

Tue Jun 28, 05:22:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Translation needed: "organize a barbie?" Oh, I just figured it out--a barbeque, right?

I think that guy is just sore because that hot little mama in the picture gave him the brushoff.

Tue Jun 28, 06:17:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Did I ever get the weather wrong!!!! It's dismal, drizzly and cold. Ah well, one horrid day in 27 years isn't SOOO bad. At least I don't have to organise a party for lotsa little boys!!

Wed Jun 29, 03:17:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home