Thursday, June 30, 2005

Rush, Rush, Dash, Dash


North Lincolnshire's Federation of Women's Institutes Vice Chairman (left) June Laughton, Louth Mayor, Coun Eileen Ballard and Chairman of the NLFWI, Jackie Cheetham displayng decorated hats at the exhibition to celebrate 90 years of the WI in England.

Stop the treadmill I wanna get off!
Up early this morning to take a friend to Doncaster, we left early to avoid traffic and found ourselves on deserted roads! I never realised that the Robin Hood Airport was so close to Louth and have had a quick look at the places one can fly to from there, which includes Lapland! Hey, I can go see Santa!
We arrived back 1ish and I did some zapping of emails and sorting of this and that, procrastinating because I should really have been invoicing (sorry it's late, ed!) After about 5 hrs of that my eyes were fuzzy and it was now 8pm so I popped off to a job at the Louth Playgoers Riverhead Theatre where the North Lincs Federation of Women's Institutes were holding an exhibition, Lincolnshire's Green and Pleasant Land celebrating 90 years of the The National Federation of Women's Institutes Did you know, it's largest national organisation for women in the UK with 215,000 members in England, Wales and the Islands???? You do now!!! Hey, I just looked on the site and they have holidays to see the Christmas Lights in Vancouver, to Spain and all over the place and a list of apartments, cottages and villas in Europe and the US. Hmmm, maybe I'll sign up!
You quilting gals would be well pleased with it!
There were a few 'chains' there ... District Council officials and lots of North Lincs past presidents so I popped off a few shots.
They were holding a cheese and wine reception and since all I'd eaten all day was a packet of caramel popcorn around 4pm I was very happy to accept their offer to fill a plate.
However, I was THEN going swimming (9pm) and didn't want to sink, so I was abstemious for me.
Zoomed off then to the pool and managed a quick 20 lengths in 15 mins, going like the clappers!
Now working, captioning the pix.
Jobs in the morning and then zooming 138 miles to Great Bardfield in North Essex to see a murder myster play, ... whoooooooooooo dunnit! I might be roped in to take photographs and to carry plates of sausage rolls (NOT! Peter!) and if that's all there is I'll have to get me a meal cos I'm disappearing again! The venue is a converted barn High Barn They've got Ralph McTell appearing soon! Thennn, zooming back for work in the afternoon.
Whoosh Whoosh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home