Friday, June 03, 2005

In my PJ's at 4pm!

I was up at 8am, full of beans and eager to get on with the day but it just wasn't that easy! Pictures to caption, prints to mail and order, emails to diary/respond to and phone calls to make. Picked up phone .. all I could hear was deep breathing ... a pervert?? No, me.
Phone caput. Switch on/off. No. Pulled out plugs, switch on/off. No.
Window cleaner arrived. Good, he can remove the seagull's visiting card.
Ahhhh, maybe need to unplug upstairs phone. Dash upstairs.
Hot / cold, horror .... toys on bedside table, window cleaner ... at window. Swoop 'em off with arm, kick under bed, pretend nothing's happened.
Dash from room to room avoiding window cleaner!
Back door open ... window clean jiggled the door, "It's only me!!"
Oh God, where to hide?
He closed the door, calling, "Thanks for the cheque."
I'd sent him one last month, covering 'til the end of the year --- thank goodness, don't think I could look him in the face again ... mind you, I never will be able to, he's 6' 5" !!
I stuck my nose on the crazy glass of back door and called, 'You're welcome!" Y'know, casually.
Phone call to BT, waited 10 mins, given another number to call.
Had to use mobile.
My line was testing OK.
But it's NOT WORKING!!! I'm getting the engaged signal.
Did you know that if you have too many saves messages in your 1571 service you can't get calls in? Neither did I, NOR can people leave messages.
That was one problem. I had to test to see if it was the broadband or telephone line which was playing up.
Screwdrivers, I'm good at screwing (I made my bedroom furniture, well, did the jigsaw to put it together), I got an electric one, but that was too big. Talking to lady on end of line while screwing. Asked if I could get paid for it. She was giggling. Are BT employees allowed to giggle?
OK, handset now working, dialled 1571 and found messages from weeks ago. Wonder if I replied? Zapped 'em.
Apologies if I haven't ....
Now it's the filter. Get the spare one ... ah, loaned to neighbour. She's at work.
OK, phone BT and ask for new filter.
Phone on Mobile. Idiot, waited 20 mins. why am I hanging on for 10 mins on my mobile?
Phoned again, losing place in queue on handset, tucked under chin while captioning.
Postie hurls mail through the open door frightening the life out of me. Thought it was the window cleaner coming back!
Hold on another 20 mins to get nice BT man. I need a new thingy!
How many have you got?
Two.
Use the spare.
I can't, I haven't got it.
I'll send you one.
Can I have 10???? It's a real bind when I can't receive calls!!!!
Sorry, one.
TWO?
OK then, two. Anything more I can do for you?
The washing up!!!
BT man giggling.
They sure have the giggles at BT today!
NOW I'm going to get out of my jammies and get some fresh air.
Caught up on captioning ... and back to taking the pictures and being sensible.
What's that buzzing upstairs?

4 Comments:

Blogger Nogbad said...

Rolling around laughing here - brilliant!

N

Fri Jun 03, 05:16:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

They had a power cut in the editorial office and some wag asked, "Has Julie plugged into the mains?"
I'm just a treasure waiting to be found. Heart of gold, a little sparkly gem. I tell myself.

Fri Jun 03, 07:39:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats you, for sure, Pyk--a treasure waiting to be found--by some people. Others of us have had the pleasure for several years!
Love ya!

Sat Jun 04, 11:41:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Ohhhhhhhhh, careful pjay! I have to move out of this room sometime soon and my head just won't fit through the door frame!
Thank you x

Sat Jun 04, 11:50:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home