Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Naked Human Art

Anyone one to be part of a naked human art project in Gateshead at the weekend??

There may just be time to register Spencer Tunick

The artist, "Creates a temporary site-specific landscapes that can involve up to several thousand nude figures arranged in public places, Tunick’s site-specific installations follow on the tradition of land art. Working directly in the landscape, the artist uses the nude body as raw material to intervene and transform a chosen site, documenting the installations with photography and video which he then exhibits in a gallery context." It says.

I looked at a work he produced in Finland and it put me in mind of a naturist yoga session I once attended. I was in the back row ... I figured I could shut my eyes to avoid the view in front of me and preferred that to being in the front row and the idea of everyone behind me staring at, well, what they'd be staring at ......

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just read your Blog - you are certifiable. Putting you away would be of no use to you - putting you down would be the saner alternative.

Did you take part in the open air art at Gateshead? I do read your blog and I understand the words, most of the time, but what you are saying is beyond me!

Wed Jul 13, 11:37:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

And this was from someone who likes me!!! :)))
It's soooo nice to have friends!
I take it as something of a compliment, really.

Wed Jul 13, 11:40:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Lobster Blogster said...

Sorry, I'm busy at the weekend. I could make Tuesday morning though.

Sat Jul 23, 06:17:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

I'm not sure if crustacean claws such as yours would have been welcome with all those tender bits on display!

Sat Jul 23, 10:57:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home