Friday, July 08, 2005


Oh, the one below in yellow top and purple skirt ... great colours, huh? That was the 'Mod' look at 16. Despite the look I had managed to get a boyfriend! Riding on a donkey ... first holiday abroad. Benidorm. Aged, hmmm, 17 or 17? Wish I had that waistline now! My hair had just been cut by a Spanish barber. It was already short but on the beach one day an 'old' man who'd nodded and smiled daily was beckoning to me and making snipping motions. He waved for me to follow him. So of course I did. The way you do (if you're me). It turned out he was a local barber. He sat me in the chair and gave me yet another haircut. I think it was a bit unusual to have such short hair then, maybe he just thought it amusing to cut a girl's hair. Maybe my previous cut was just plain awful? Anyway, I didn't have to pay and until the end of the holiday he'd appear by the beach and smile and wave. OK, end of nostalgia! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger ScaryCheri said...

I love this stuff...thanks for the stories to read!

Sat Jul 09, 12:56:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

You're welcome! I enjoy retelling them!!

Sat Jul 09, 04:08:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home