Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Wheelbarrows

As she wheeled her wheelbarrow, through the streets broad and narrow, she cried cockles and mussels, alive alive ohhhhhhhhh.
There's something going on with wheelbarrows in Theddlethorpe! Whether there's an excess of barrows, or it's full of builders living there I don't know but wheelbarrows seem to be de rigeur for floral ornamentation on the front verge! Those not in possession of a wheelbarrow have substituted a dustbin (garbage bin) and something that looks like the old fashioned (until cases with wheels attached came in) suitcase wheelie thingy, with a plant holder attached.
So, what's this mystery? I had a programme for an upcoming village flower show, possibly it was for Theddlethorpe but I've hunting around for it and can't find now. Dang, maybe there was a 'Wicked Wheels' floral entry? I don't mean just one or two wheelbarrows I mean EIGHT wheelbarrows in the space of about 400 yards!!!!
It's wheely quite a mystery.
Intrepid investigator Pyk will have to be sent into action!
Ah, just before I press 'publish'. I've got a grouse!
Somerfields Supermarket in Louth is too bloody cold!
I went in dressed for summer ... this is the second time this has happened in a couple of weeks ... and it's sooooo cold in there that by the time I get to the check out I'm clumsy from the chill and in a foul mood. NOW, you know Pyk's a happy bunny and doesn't get in foul moods easily ... just little strops ... but it really was COLD! I was glad to see another lady shivering in the aisles, too. Standing there rubbing her arms, teeth chattering.
I'm going to the Co-op next time!
Oh yes, when I first moved to Louth I asked someone where the nearest supermarket was and she told me to go to "****" ... ah, that isn't a rude word, I just can't remember the name of the shop (enlighten me?). Anyway, I searched high and low for this place and the only shop I could find in the general direction in which I'd been pointed was The Co-op, which seemed OK, so of course I went in there. It turned out that the Co-op was the shop I was directed to, it's just that it's still known by it's previous owners name by many in the town, regardless of the fact that it it changed hands YEARS AGO!
Have I got anything else to say???
Yes!
Night night! :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Hi Kimberly, thank you, ditto! I was idly clicking on 'next blog' at a time of night when, often, there are just boring ol' advertising blogs or ones in languages I can't read. A finnish one was nothing but squares - suppose I need to download Finnish for that. Is there no end to it. Hah, Finnish .. end .. ???? giggle. Then your blog popped up and I found myself enjoying your writing!

Wed Jul 06, 09:58:00 am 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pioneer? Premier? Something like that, anyway.

Wed Jul 06, 05:25:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

I used the 'phone a friend' option, Simon .... you will the jackpot!!! Pioneer!!
Then again she said "Or is it the Pioneer now and it WAS the co-op?"
Maybe I'll email Somerfield!

Wed Jul 06, 06:57:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the same thing whatever it was called - Pioneer was just a brand name the Co-op used.

Fri Jul 08, 01:29:00 am 2005  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

My local Somerfields is cold too and their frozen food cabinets have icicles in them. Maybe the thermostats need servicing?

Fri Jul 08, 07:49:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

sm - there speaks the voice of knowledge!
morning - just think of the additional profits Somerfield would make if they turned the thermstats down a bit, lower electrciity bills and more customers!
Don't iced-up refrigerators operate less efficiently?

Fri Jul 08, 12:16:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home