Sunday, May 29, 2005

© Julie Coates, 2005
A bird in the hand .... is now in my sitting room. I saw this picture last year at an exhibition by a local artist, Bea Rollitt and I ummmed and ahhhed about buying it. Having a second chance at it I decided to take the plunge. I've no idea what charms me about it but I suppose that's art, isn't it? Brian Middleton MBE runs the painting group which was exhibiting over 200 pictures over the bank holiday weekend. I like to buy local artists' work and think this one a snip at £30 for an original. Posted by Hello

6 Comments:

Blogger Nogbad said...

Lovely photo!

Sun May 29, 09:59:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you were saving for a Vettriano

Tue May 31, 08:31:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Odd you should say that, Richard. There was an avid fan of Vettriano who had 'covered' quite a few of his pictures. 'Dance to the end of time' was entitled 'Dancing in the Moonlight'. Don't know why but somehow, copying, say a picture of a village scene or bowl of fruit and not getting it to look similar, would just seem like a variation on a theme. But copying people, badly, just makes it a travesty of the original. To my mind. But I suppose one's comments are to one's mind?

Tue May 31, 09:04:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the charm of the picture is the tiny bird sitting in the palm of the person's hand, so vulnerable and dependent on him/her not bringing harm to it.

Wed Jun 01, 04:23:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Ok, Pollyanna! ;)

Wed Jun 01, 11:36:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Thank you, adie x. Another Parisian trip would be quite fun - or one to retrieve the rest of my collection from 'da Feds'!! :)

Thu Jun 02, 08:17:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home