Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Lest we forget


Market stall in Louth's Cornmarket where an auction is held of local produce. The Target Office to the left is where I occasionally make an appearance! Posted by Hello

Lest we forget what a sunny summer's day looks like when it's tiddling down with rain next week, this was today in Louth's Cornmarket.
We have market days on Wed, Fri and Saturday and a cattle market on a Thursday. I think it's the only cattle market in the county now.
Once a month there's a farmer's market where specialities can be bought such as Lincolnshire Poacher cheese and ostrich products ... I had an ostrich burger for lunch ... it was a toss up between that an an Appleby's ice cream and I went for the "low in fat, cholesterol and calories" option. Then I had strawberries and double cream when I got home! Hah!
I think I must have killed a few brain cells recently. I've been searching high and low for a small piece of additional equipment to upload a photograph from the office camera and I'll be blowed if I can find it. Is this the onset of senile dementia? Or just other things on my mind? I always put it in the same place but it just isn't there! arghghgh.
Having gathered more jobs than the diary suggested, I was in and out taking photographs today, like one of those little weather ladies one used to find. Remember? A man one side and a lady the other? They'd swing (excuse me?!) in and out?
It all made for a very sticky day.
Sat in a bikini at the front, as did 3 other female neighbours and a guy walking past whom we knew got a cricked neck ogling. He decided that ours is definitely THE street to live on. He very gentlemanly tipped his hat which he would have been wearing if it had been a less clement day and he obviously doesn't own a Panama (by the way, they were selling like hot cakes on the market!), by pointing a finger somewhere near his forehead. Hmm, I suppose he could have been making a totally different sign like 'mad women'??
Turned up to take a picture of a local celeb in his guise as John Shuttleworth, performing at the Playgoers Theatre, hoping I could catch one from the side as he began his show, as last year. He wasn't having any of it though and a suggestion was made that I go back at 9.30pm. I said I just wasn't that fussed and went swimming instead!
I arrived just in time for Aquarobics though and since I find it hard to not do anything, and sitting in the sauna or steam room didn't seem like a good idea, I joined in.
It was quite good fun spotty dogging (no jodie, not THAT kind of dogging) and grapevining but I think I was at a disadvantage. One, because of my height and two, the loss of weight. It's just not that easy to walk thro the water spotty dogging when it's up to yer chin and you've got little leggies and everyone was overtaking me!
It's the county show in Lincoln tomorrow and I have an exhibitor's pass to go take some pot shots. My ticket is purple. Nice colour. However when I passed through Lincoln on Monday the only signs I saw directing the public to car parks were for green and blue tickets. I can see I'm going to spend a lovely day on the ringroad tomorrow!
And YES, I DO have the pass, I haven't lost it yet. But there's always tomorrow!
The guys have looked at the pix for the Louth Hospital CAT Scanner Appeal charity calendar and decided there's just a tad too much pubes appearing in a couple. I've digitised todgers but the pubes have to go! I'm sure shaving 'em would have been easier!
There's a charity barbeque for the scanner, too, in August, to which I received an invitation. The last couple of years the weather has been marvellous for it. On those occasions though I've only been to take pictures for the paper. This year my invite's for the whole dang show. Bet it pours down!
OH, I posted a comment on the BBC site for Derby with my views on Romeo and Juliet, adding that I had written an 'alternative' review on my blog ... giving the URL ... and dang me, they've omitted it! Cheeky.
I rather thought the director might have liked to read it, particularly in view of the castigation of the modern production by one reporter.
I've made good by sending an email to the theatre asking 'em to pass it along to him. I really don't like to be thwarted. A problem is generally a challenge to Pyk!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does 'spotty-dogging' mean?

Andrew

Wed Feb 01, 11:08:00 am 2006  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Oh pooh! I just wrote an explanation at length and clicked on the wrong link!
As far as I know, and what I did, was to extend one arm forward, pointing finger and extend opposite leg back. What others did, who were also up to their chins in water at that point, I don't know! I'll have to ask Anna, my instructor friend, if that's correct! :)

Wed Feb 01, 05:30:00 pm 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home