Friday, July 29, 2005

The mailman cometh

Got a lovely postcard this morning, from Scotland ... sadly it isn't for me ... I know you're not supposed to read someone else's mail but it IS a postcard! Apparently 'Olds' has got a taste for lager now! It's addressed to my house number but I don't recognise the names of the occupants ... hold hard, Moriarty ... the bottom line of the address "(The house with the red door and porch)" ... OK, I'll nip along and put it thro the box. I expect the posman has to deliver to the designated number cos I've got a blue door!
Been a bit quiet on the posting front .. had a couple of days time out from work ... just as well, it's a busy weekend upcoming.
You'll possibly have the delights of a barefoot skiiing competition, a carnival parade, an art exhibition (bought a couple of pix last week, a snip, original, watercolours), pavement art and a sandcastle building competition.
A Coronation Street star switched on the Mablethorpe Illuminations last Sunday but I was spared the ordeal - spared cos 1. it was at 9.45 pm and 2. it was raining cats and dogs.
We seem to have suffered the chucking it down weather just as the flowers are at their bloomiest, all those lovely delicate petals and they get bombarded! I wonder if my 'gladdies' are still standing?
I thought I'd added a photograph here .... durn it!
OK, gotta zoommmmmmmmmmmmmmm


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wondered what had happened to you. I didn't think it was time for your trip yet. Sounds like I will have lots of interesting stories to read and pictures to see when I get back from my trip to NYC this coming week. Wheeeee! I am getting so excited! I took today off so I would have an extra day to run around picking up last-minute items. I forget what a luxurious feeling it is to be able to go shopping in the middle of a weekday! Except when I got to Wal-Mart, and it was packed with parents and grandparents and kids picking up school supplies. What a zoo!

When I lived in the country, we had a beautiful white flowering crab tree. It looked like a cloud when it was in full bloom. It never failed, however, that we would get either a bit rain or windstorm that would scatter the petals all over the ground. It was pretty in its own way, though. Looked like it had snowed.

Fri Jul 29, 09:48:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Gosh, I knew I had something to write about ... haven't mentioned my 'trip' yet!!!
Pat I do hope you have a great time in NYC. I love that city, it's so vibrant. Have so many memories, funny and scary of my various visits there ... maybe time for telling one or two of them, huh??? :)
I really enjoyed a tourist trip around the city on a double decker (London) bus with a running commentary. You can get off at various stops and hop back on again, at will. The guides each gen up in their own way and if you're really lucky you get one who's really interested in the city and you learn all sorts of (useless but interesting) information.
WAlking around central park one beautiful autumn day, all I heard was English accents!

Fri Jul 29, 11:39:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home