Monday, January 23, 2006

I hate finances!

I've got an endowment thingy that I've had letters about telling me it's going to fall short by about two-thirds the projected payment. I don't understand. I don't understand! I've just read the policy and I still don't understand.
I'm about to look at one of these claim4you companies to see if I can answer the questions they want answered. They're scaring people into using them, saying 85% of people who try to do it themselves dont get anything. One wants 25% of what you get to do it for you. Which is a bit steep, why not a set rate? I mean, it takes as much time for them to deal with it for someone who's got a £10K endowment as a £25K one, huh? A couple of thou is quite sufficient.
Anyway, I'm as confused now as I was before.
I phoned a 'financial advisor', someone who set up my pension which I gained from my ex, but didn't yet get a reply. Also, I suppose, on a no win no pay basis it's fine but . ..... I can't even be fagged to finish what I was writing!
Finance stinks.
I was of the era where hubby did the finance and I did the house and kids, etc. Why'm I suddenly supposed to be a finance expert????
No, the accounts haven't got any further.
I spose I'll just go over to the claim4you site and give away as much as I would have gained. Ah well, at least it'll be dealt with.
I'm all at sea.
I've just baked an onion, bacon and egg pie.
I can't remember when I last made pastry.
I didn't have enough pastry to put a lid on the pie so it became a turnover.
I thought I had sinusitus and a stye.
Stye's almost gone but it appears I have a snotty nosed cold.
I am not a happy bunny.
I did do one useful thing today, I took my decree whatever to the pensions peeps to prove I'm divorced so they can work out my pensions forecast.
I think I'm probably worth more deceased.
I've got a pensions document to go thro for work.
I'm just as at sea there.
Why can't I get my head around this?
Don't like, not happy.

6 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

I hate finance stuff too.

Tue Jan 24, 12:15:00 am 2006  
Blogger Wendy said...

I hope you feel better soon. If you were in the U.S., I might be able to help ya'. As it is, I have no idea what you are talking about. ;)

Tue Jan 24, 06:17:00 am 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear...

Tue Jan 24, 11:15:00 am 2006  
Blogger Echomouse said...

I wish I could help too. I used to be a finance person, but I'm in Canada. Situations like yours are why I got into finance - I cannot stand seeing people taken advantage of and nobody bothering to help! Unless there's money in it for them of course.

I do hope things have worked out ok. And glad to see you back blogging :)

Tue Jan 24, 10:27:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Aw, gee, thanks ;) I established today that it's OK to blog as long as one is expressing one's own opinions in personal life. Thus, why not???
I was chatting to some pals this evening and, y'know, I think I'm at the stage of cutting your nose of to spite your face - willing to accept ONLY, basically, getting back what one has put in over 25 years with no interest (which is what it amounts to) just cos I don't see why someone should make an enormous profit out of my misery!
Y'know, I needed a new job cos my income had halved but I really hope that I can make someone's life better. I really do want to help people.
There's an awfa lot of good out there, it's just that sensationalism sells papers and all the good things disappear into the background.
When I was journo-ing I liked to find the 'good' stories and I'm proud to think that I did, very often.

Wed Jan 25, 12:03:00 am 2006  
Blogger Wendy said...

well, I know you helped me.

Wed Jan 25, 02:51:00 am 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home