Monday, December 26, 2005

Boxing Day

Lotsa snow forecast! In the meantime it's just come down as rain!
Seem to have eaten myself silly the last few days, feel like a whale. I never did get to the gym on Xmas eve - well, it was a bit ambitious, wasn't it?
We were going to walk or cycle today but the rain's already arrived. Maybe I should just run up and down stairs.
Actually, I think Ian would probably prefer that I just stay in one place!
Remember the pressie that was on my back door handle, which dropped when I turned the handle?
There was glass in it.
Little lavendar gel candles in glass pots. Didn't find the broken one until I opened the parcel to use one of the candles and had to be careful of the broken glass.
Ian made a wonderful dinner, melon and Proscuitto for starters, paella with huge prawns all still in their shells, tiger prawns with just the tips of shells on tails, mussels, chorizo, chicken thighs, the usual stuff, followed by Christmas Pudding and double thick cream and brandy.
Oh, and breakfast was smoked salmon and scrambled egg and bucks fizz. Oh and a bottle of Champagne after that but before dinner and Montagny with dinner.
All very delish and fun.
Except
I managed to swallow one of those tail tips? And it went down the wrong way and as I dashed off to get some water to stop choking, Ian followed and i put the glass down and it broke - don't know how, it was a sturdy glass, now it's just a was glass.
Then I noticed the candles had burned out and the gel one had some gel left in it - we'd put it in a nice glass votive holder of Ian's, so I was teasing the gel out - it felt wonderfully squidgy - but then it felt a bit damned sharp and I had to hurtle through to him laughing saying "I got glass in my fingers!" to which he responded promptly by getting the tweezers which Santa had put in his stocking as a silly present and thank goodness he did! I think we retired shortly after that before I could get into much more mischief!
However, I managed the third breakage this morning which was a relatively innocent one and didn't involve glass or anything of value but we both burst out laughing as we heard the crack.
Santa brought me some lovely pressies including some super warm furry pyksie slippers! And a lovely antique butter knife - which is what I rather hoped he might find to replace mine which I ruined from leaving it in the washing up water over long!
Mind, he brought Ian some weird stuff - I'm not sure that purple and black is his colour well, a bra, triangle and s'penders in purple and black, stockings, too! I spose I'll just have to wear them for him!
One of the funniest. No, THE funniest, is a do-it-yourself willy kit! You make a replica of your willy. Y'know, the way one does? He laughed like a drain when he saw it. Reading the instructions it sounds very ouch-worthy. It's in glow-in-the-dark green! Hey, I could use it as a magic wand, or to read by! I used to like those stars - like Alfie gave to Kat for Christmas in Eastenders. You put them on the ceiling and they glow when the lights are out.
It's very relaxing looking at those, actually. Anyone with hyper-active kids could do worse than stick someof those on the ceiling.
By the same token though, I'm not sure about a glowing in the dark willy on the bedside table. I'll have to see if I can find the link for it.
NO, I'm not going to post a piccie of the finished product!
Thank you for my super gifts and a wonderful Christmas Day, my maaaaaaaaaan but most of all for being you and so kind and smiley xxxx

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the goat???

And what the hell is "bucks fizz"? It don't sound too appetizing to me...

Happy Boxing Day!

Mon Dec 26, 03:31:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Hmm, well, I haven't actually heard whether the goat has been received in the third world country yet (I suppose plane seats are probably overbooked/priced at this time of year) - nor have I heard from my son whether he was pleased or not with my gift.
However, that's pretty much like Chas. I suppose we should have been more insistent he write thank you notes when he was little. Maybe he writes them to people other than relations??? Y'know, on the basis that one always wants strangers to think we're polite but family loves you regardless?

Bucks fizz! You don't know Bucks Fizz? course not, else you wouldn't have asked!

It is fresh orange juice and Champagne or sparkling wine, if you can't run to the real McCoy.

Hmmm, do you have some celebrating to do???

:)

Thu Dec 29, 06:46:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home