Thursday, December 15, 2005

The end is nigh

Long time to look back on, I need to cast my mind back!

Last Sunday Chas, son, came to visit with his girlfriend of four months, Hannah. I haven't seen him in almost a year and it was wonderful to see him. He'd put on a little weight (and lost some I gather) and his hair was longer, no longer the 'no. 1' and he looked happy and healthy. We had a blow out lunch at t'pub and afterwards relaxed in front of the TV followed by tea. I had to dash off early evening for a concert so what they hadn't managed to eat for tea I packed as a picnic for their three hour drive back.

A great afternoon.

Racing to pick Ian up, we went on to a concert of The Messiah in the Central Hall, Grimsby, by the Grimsby Philharmonic Society with the Eastern Sinfonia. A group of Ian's friends were attending en block and Ian had exchanged his ticket and bought an additional one so we could sit together. The circle was pretty well packed though the stalls had plenty of room. One of the group, David was in the choir and his brother and wife had come some distance to join the choir for the night (and day's practice, when they'd run through the WHOLE of the concert).

It was a long programme, not finishing til gone 10, I think and then apparently 45 mins had been cut from it!!

Afterwards there was a party at the home of David and Nina, with drinks and eats, including some delicious mince pies which had a pastry with bite and layer of cream cheese inside. Unusual and very tasty, like they had cream ready added!

David's brother Bob treated us to a Jake Thackery style impromptu recital on guitar then with David a duo which was very good and amusing and David managed even with one string broken!
Yesterday I got my hair multi-hued again! A variation on the colours this time, blonde (duh), purple and copper!! It must be noticeable since a few people have commented on it again - favourably I have to add. In fact I suddenly noticed that the colour selection seems to have become quite popular on ladies in the town. I wonder if I started the trend a year or so back?
During the year I have been asked where I had my hair done (and this evening) and can only suppose that the question was put so people could either avoid or making an appointment with the hairdresser!
I have started making cards. I used a Scottish deer for the first batch but the second batch (which I'm working on) is of Christmas wreaths which were hung outside a florists.
Now I want to exhort y'all to take care on the roads. I know it's a busy time of year and people are rushing around to get things done but please do remember it's better to arrival safely even if late, huh?
A friend was in a road accident last night. He underwent a six hour operation through the night and a second one this afternoon which, I understand, went according to plan.
Here's hoping for a full recovery.
I finish my job tomorrow - sort of! I had decided tomorrow would be the last day but there's a continental market in the town on Sunday and I don't mind capturing a few shots from that.
Sooooo, hmmm, apart from the odd occasion of 'social pictures' this will be the end of pyk the 'photojournalist'.
I start a new job, totally unrelated, in January, beginning with 8 weeks training and it's not one to write about so pykspeeks could be nearing its end folks!
A lot of people have expressed dismay with "Awww, we LIKE you" and have been generous in their praise for the job I've done, which has been heartening and sad but life moves on, the rent needs paying and I'll have to start doing 'normal' hours (arghghghgh, how????)
But, no more evening work and a Saturday morning only once in maybe three months, paid holidays and pensionable. Security.
Bet I'll have the most colourful bonce in the office!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home