Friday, December 02, 2005

Laid back

Or is it layed back?? Layed would be like a chicken and egg situation, wouldn't it? And layed back ... well once assumes that things get layed out and forward so layed back can only be like a scene from Sense of the Realm ... my copy of which, by the way, I appear to have lost.
Where was I?
Oh yes, I appear to be laid back today almost to the point of being beyond care, which is all rather nice really.
I found I was a little slower getting going this morning that I had expected to be - interrupted doncha know it, by a phone call that went on a bit - so rather than stress out and try to get the the first piccie ... where we do have one already this week on the same society ... and get totally stressed out trying to find a parking space close enough to the library, on market day, when the town's packed and especially just before Christmas, I thought I'd give it a miss and motor to the next job, in Mablethorpe, in a relaxed rather than the usual frenetic manner.
There I met up with my local MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, at the Cons Club ... short for Conservatives, I should add for those who might put another and rather different connotation on the abbreviation, where a coffee morning was being held and Sir P was due to view the sea defences with gentlemen from the Environment Agency.
He was dismayed to be losing 'the bouncy one' (photographer) but said he'd send me a Christmas card if I let his secretary know where I'm going. He's actually been a jolly person to take pictures of and I was very happy, of couse, when I got a piccie of him in The Daily Telegraph, prior to the last election.
Hmm, I think I'm supposed to have run to the Post Office with mail, taken the drying out of the tumbler - tho from the condensation on the windows, the stuff I put on the radiator should be practically dry by now. It's like being in the tropics here!
I should have gone to a school Xmas Fayre but since I went to one yesterday, with the new 'less pictures' regime I wondered if they'd support a second picture in the same week so I stayed home in the warm and had a cup of tea and got on with writing up this morning's story.
Going out this evening, the Caistor Sommeliers' annual dinner at Kenwick Park Golf Club. Better take camera for social pix.
Hope I can still fit into my evening gear - Ian's a great cook and has been feeding me well !!! I love mussels and just mentioned a recipe I'd seen in the Scottish Fish Ricipe Cookbook and low (and behold) when I arrived at his house for a St Andrew's day dinner, our starter was mussels! Yummmmmmy. The haggis, steak, riced pots and mashed swede (in lieu of neeps) was first class and followed by cheese and biscuits and accompanied by some fine wine.
I hope i don't end up like one of those bottom weighted kiddies' toys that you push and it just rocks and rocks on it's bum, falls to the side and immediately bounces back up again.
Oh, maybe that's why I was called the bouncy one???
Shove her over but she'll bounce back!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job!

Fri Dec 02, 04:41:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! The verification word just then was mugoard.

I like that. It's more working class than cupboard isn't it?!

Fri Dec 02, 04:42:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, DEFINATELY working well...

Sat Dec 03, 04:12:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laid back. Or just laid. ;-)


VW: ffagl, a cross between a ligature and a jewish donut.

Mon Dec 05, 09:38:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Flagler wasn'the the guy that opened up Ffflorida??
I'm just behindhand!!!

Mon Dec 05, 10:07:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home