Wednesday, November 30, 2005

It's the pits!!!

I was thinking that my drawers were getting a bit crammed and difficult to close so I thought I'd take a little look to see if something could be thrown out.
No, not all of these were in there but I decided to line 'em all up anyway if only to explain it to myself.
Left to right: Mitchum at the end was in my travel bag, Nivea 1 was upstairs, Nivea 2 was in the bathroom. They're a lovely delicate perfume and I tend to take one along when travelling for a quick freshen up squirt ... or if entering a pongy airplane loo! On the other hand if I'm gonna make an airplane loo pongy it doesn't come amiss. Of course one tries to avoid that scenario though and just do wees, cos despite the fact that Dutch people (or was it Germans?) like a toilet where the pooh sits on a sort of shelf, so they can see what they've done and have a sense of satisfaction about it, us British like it to just get flushed down and disappear and we never ever want to see if again and especially NOT stuck to the side of the procelain.
Where was I??
Who's that laughing?
OK Sure 1 and 2 were in the bathroom. Two is the clear variety in case I was going to wear black. With that I was supposed to be able to avoid the white smudges that somehow get on a garment as you pull it on.
Sure 3 was upstairs.
The next two were replacements for the Sure 1 and 3 cos they were running out and I thought since there was a two for one offer, even if it was a Drugstore own and may not be as effective as Sure, I thought I'd give it a try. Sometimes one's body gets used to one particular product and it's a good idea to ring the changes ... so the old wives say.
Ah, the little Sure, now that one ... I think it was in my swimming bag. Well hold on there just a cotton picking minute, Ms Julie ... just had a look in my swimming bag (haven't renewed my leisure centre subs by the way so I'll have to cycle more!) and sure enough, there's a Sure in there!!
I know, maybe it was on my "I should save the ozone day" and decided to buy a push-up roll on? Or wipe on?
Last, but not least, is my Ice Crystal, which has replaced all of the aforesaid for effectiveness and cost but now I have to use the rest up cos I'll feel so naughty about the waste otherwise?
Have to say the Ice Crystal (by the way, I also bought one from Boots, Pit Rock, which I'm keeping 'elsewhere') and these crystal deoderants are far more effective and at the rate of use (daily at least once) each will probably last me for about a year and that with an initial outlay of only about a fiver. So, which is the better buy, huh? Huh?
I'm looking thro my new specs. They got a shorter corridor apparently. Haven't seen any doors off the corridor so I can't really say what the use of it is!
Actually, they're variable and the reading bit is shaped more like a flat bottomed tear drop that's just hit a surface, rather than one that's still falling ... if you get my drift and sure enough I'm seeing thro the bottom reading bit much more easily than with the old, presumably 'long corridor'.
If it wasn't for the eye drop I've just put in my left eye I'd probably have totally unfuzzy vision. Let's see how they are after a day's wear and 'tear' ... like that??? Hah!
Ok, maybe the happy pill is working already?
Maybe it's a thingy ... what's that word when you think you're on the real thing and you're not? Placibo, that's it. Or is that an Italian tenor??
The doc offfered a sick note, say's I'm the same person just an exhausted one. Sick note doesn't quite do it for freelance bods and her advice that I take as much rest as possible is great! I'll do that when I've finished working and catch up later. But she also gave me a month of the happy making pills which, don't worry, I won't become addicted to cos I know when I'm happy and I know when I'm not and when I'm happy I won't need 'em, see??
More knocks on the door today ... why are these people coming in winter when the bloody heat of the whole house just whoofs straight out of the door in two minutes?
This guy wanted me to start having at least two pints of milk delivered a day to save the delivery man's round. They wanted proof that people still want milk delivering.
Well I did used to when I had a family but I don't now!
I don't want it sitting on doors steps when I'm not there .... hello burglar .. I'm not hooo-ooomee .. come in and get whatever you like! I don't want it getting hot in the sun, nor having the birdies sitting on the top and pecking holes in it. Tho I do feel for both the birdies and the milkman, I'm afraid I really don't want it delivered. I'm an erratic milk user anyway. Yeah, I would be, wouldn't I?
Then a phone call from the Bank. Oh oh! Then I realised I still haven't opened some mail from them and thought it was my insurance, public liability thing. Maybe it is in the pile, there's a couple there from the bank.
But no, he wanted to offer me a no fee deposit account with instant access and 1% more interest on it. Suggesting I transfer X amount of £s over and just keep a couple of hundred for business expenses, cos I can do it online. Told him I haven't had time to activate the online banking stuff yet ... yes, yes, I know it's useful, I used to do it when living in the States and had great fun plotting pie charts with how much I'd spent on shoes, or gifts, or deoderants that month in pretty colours but I just aint done it here yet.
Anyway since there won't be so much going in that account I figure I may as well keep it all in one place !
My car needs cleaning. I hate to do that when it immediately gets mucky again.
Well, got to go take pix of Brownies with the Mayor at the Town Hall.
Hey, the lady gave me a 'free' bottle of lens cleaner and a little cloth! And the specs only cost £327!!!!
Hang about .... :) Actually, the major cost was on the lens, variable, light reactive, anti-glare. The frame was in the cheapest range that wasn't National Health but it just so happens that's the frame I like and suited me cos I did look at the Fcuk ones too . I hope I spelled that correctly.
Over and out ...........


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I can think of one thing you can do with those excess aerosols.

Thu Dec 01, 02:42:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Certainly not chuck 'em on the fire!

Thu Dec 01, 09:41:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pills are not placebos. They seem to be working fine.

Fri Dec 02, 03:24:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not chuck 'em on the fire? You have ear plugs.

Fri Dec 02, 03:52:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Aha ... Mr Viscous ... I did also get a letter yesterday morning offering me a new job, which made me a pretty happy bunny and shall be even more so once it's confirmed.
I do agree though that they are working fine. I decided NOT to drive back from my morning job like a lunatic, hitting the top speed allowable, the whole way, but to drive steadily and enjoy the ride and the countryside (if one can at this time of the year)and just take the stress out of the day.

Fri Dec 02, 03:58:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Ah but, GW .... it says on tins you're not supposed to burn them?? I have visions of cans turning into shrapnel and being pierced through and then having to make a nuisance of myself at A&E. I mean, it's one thing going in and asking for a couple of eye drops, on a slow night, but another arriving all bloodied and making a mess of the place and having people run around after one, innit?

Fri Dec 02, 04:00:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pyk, your blog is sooo educational! I mean, I just never would have known otherwise about the peculiar Dutch affinity for admiring one's own "output."

;0 Jodie

Fri Dec 02, 09:07:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home