Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Nutmeg

I came across a very relaxing aromatherapy massage oil in Boots, containing Peppermint and Nutmeg.

When I went into our small branch to buy a replacement, there was none so I set about making my own by buying a carrier oil, almond oil and separate small bottles of peppermint and nutmeg essential oils, which I mentioned the other day as pleasantly wafting around my house.

The essence oils suggested 6 drops per 15 ml of carrier but when I sniffed at the resultant mix it didn't seem half strong enough so I got a little heavy handed with it!

Since I had two bottles of carrier, I made a second batch, which I kept for myself. I thought maybe I'd used a little too much peppermint in the previous mix so was lighter with that oil and heavier, quite a bit, with the nutmeg oil in the second bottle.

The night before last I massaged a little of this mix on my chest ... peppermint opens the airways, I tend toward a blocked nose if I've been in a warm room ... and it was a very relaxing aroma, combined with the nutmeg and I suppose I smelled like a rather exotic rice pudding!

I slept straight away but in the morning felt that I'd been up all night! Though I couldn't recall any dreams I had had, there was the feeling that I had indeed been dreaming the whole night through.

Then I remembered that nutmeg has been prescribed as a means of weaning addicts off drugs. A whole grated teaspoonful could give someone a high for quite some hours.

It occured to me that having been heavy handed with the very essential oil of nutmeg that I may well have been hallucinating in my dreams, hence thinking I'd been dreaming all night!

Y'know, I suppose it does pay to follow instructions on bottles!

Or look at the picture if it's a foreign bottle - eh Pete? .... Recalling the soap/softener farrago!

I've got fuzzy eyes!

I think my left eye's suddenly developed long sightedness and my right one got shorter sightedness. Consequently I'm squinting like fury.

What stops me making an optician appointment is having to wait for one. I'm Aquarius and spontaneous. I want it and I want it NOW!!!!

Silly really, if I'd made the appointment when I went in to see how long 'til I could have one, about 3 weeks ago, I'd have it sorted by now, my fears about going blind would be allayed - OK, I know I'm a Chicken Licken but I figure if you take the worst case scenario, it can only be better - I'd have new lens and I wouldn't be wondering how much a course of Botox injections would cost.

A couple of years ago I thought I'd give contact lens another 'go'. I had hard lens when I was 17 (back in the ice age) and they were great to look after. Unfortunately I had to give them up because I developed conjunctivitus, since being on 'the pill' I was told, had dried the liquid in my eyes some and they just didn't sit well.

I did try semi permeable lens in my late 30's, having been tube-tied by then but got fed up of the messing around cleaning them! When I went back to spectacles, all those people who had said:"Wow, you look really good without glasses," said:"I'm so glad you're wearing glasses again, they really suit you."

So two years ago I toyed with soft multivision lens. Didn't like those at ALL. Hated the feeling of touching my eyes putting them in and flailed getting them out again and besides, they seemed to jump around on my eyes and I was forever blinking to get focussed vision. I'd made this final attempt at wearing lens since the camera I was using did not have a dioptric thingy and if taking a picture at a distance I couldn't see if everyone was smiling at me!!!

I do have a friend who's had laser treatment and he said it was very successful and is chuffed to little pieces - but then I've heard that it doesn't necessarily mean not wearing spectacles at all, it could mean just wearing them for, say, reading.

Anyway, job on list..... make optician appointment and go pay dentist fee for my no-show yesterday so I can go get my tooshy pegs checked out! OH, I don't mean extracted!!!


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a fuzzy brain now. Were you hallucinating that you weren't dreaming, dreaming that you weren't hallucinating or some other combination?

You voting on my 'blog? Polls close soon.

Tue Nov 08, 09:10:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

I don't know, GW, I was asleep!!!

Yup I voted and expect to read about the meat factory visit forthwith.

Tue Nov 08, 10:28:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Indubitably, dear!

If you'd gone out in the rain you would have been a walking bubble machine.

Ok, it doesn't rain much in spain.

Hmmm, i thought the rain in spain stayed mainly in the plain.

Or is that on the plain?

Or on the plane?

I give up, I'm sposed to be sleeping!

I need a reason to go to bed and he's not back yet!

Wed Nov 09, 02:35:00 am 2005  
Blogger Wendy said...

high on nutmeg? Huh, who knew?

If your contact lenses move too much they are too small. Ask the Doc for a larger lense. That is what I had to do. The disposable ones are nice. Use them for 6 wks and toss them out. I love my contacts. I would be too scared to get the laser surgery. Just the thought of it freaks me out!

Wed Nov 09, 02:57:00 am 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can use a clove to treat toothache.
Are you sure you washed your hands very thoroughly between messing with essential oils and messing with your eyes? I once had an unfortunate incident with dried chillies. I may write about it…

Wed Nov 09, 04:39:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

I've used clove oil, in the olden days :)

No, eyes have been getting fuzzy for a while. In fact at the last eye test 18 months ago I mentioned it to the optician but she couldn't see any problem. However, they've got very very fuzzy now - probably a protest against too much computer work!

I can very well imagine the chile incident! A cautionary tale to wash hands BEFORE having a pee pee, huh??

Wed Nov 09, 04:59:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw! Are you SURE we've never met?

Wed Nov 09, 08:08:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Hmm, was that you in Hooters, coming out of the gents?
That was some huge plate of hot chicken wings and tortillas with guacamole, sour cream and jalapeno that you'd consumed!

Wed Nov 09, 10:52:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could well have been. But I tend to stay away from the guacamole. I would consume the sour cream with great gusto however.

Thu Nov 10, 03:48:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Low cal creme fraiche just doesn't do it, does it???

Thu Nov 10, 09:13:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't know. Sainsbury's organic stuff is great.

Mon Nov 14, 03:07:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home