Saturday, October 29, 2005

Halloween

Hey, fun party last night. A last minute invitation to Robert's Halloween bbq was accepted and in half an hour I rushed to produce some sort of dress-up effect. Black trews and jumper, a choker which was actually a belt of black stones on leather, earrings that change colour according to mood ... they're always deep red on me ... black boots and then going mad with red hair putty and gel. I gave myself red horns, twisting my hair and reddened the spikes. Drew strange eye brows and used brown eye shadow and last of all, bright red lipstick.
Didn't look at all like myself .. bit scary and horrid, actually!
First of all I had a job to do, though. There was Ashley Mote, MEP for the SE Region, Steve Radford, President of the Liberal Party and Marc Glendening, campaign director of the Democracy Movement.
And I turn up looking like a little devil!!
Give people their due, they managed not to look too aghast. Which was disturbing in itself. Marc thought I was just a Louth Goth. So I began explaining to everyone that I was heading on to a Halloween party.
Gosh, that's awful, really, that people might think I look so awful ALL the time!! :)
Drove to the party and after a hello drink drove my car back home and walked back to the party ... no drinkee drivee.
It was a fun evening and delicious chilli and ostrich burgers. Denise and I each took a bottle of red, which we shared and finished both bottles, then finished the half bottle Q had left on his departure, THEN opened another bottle of red. Not sure how far down that one we got but I do know I stumbled in after very kindly being walked home, immediately washed my hair, was ill and then had a cup of tea and 3 fat slices of Lincolnshire plum bread.
I had to pay a visit in the night down to the bathroom and fair reeled down the stairs!
However, God decided to spare me today and no resultant headache!
I should add that I don't actually drink much nowadays - though that may be difficult to believe!
May have a job avenue to explore.
It would make quite good sense if so.
Would probably mean moving but not too far away. Would mean I could finally invest in my own little property and yet leave me time to do the magazine photography which is mainly evenings, for social events. And it's a term time job so that would leave a certain amount of freedom.
I had a chat with the Angels this morning about it and during the first shuffle a card veritably leapt out of the pack and it was SO relevant I laughed out loud!
It's a bright day. I've done a couple of jobs and met nice people. The police cadets are holding a coffee morning for a local charity and they'd gone to so much trouble, making cakes and puzzles, a tombola and raffle and by 11 am they'd barely had an visitors, despite advertising it in the local paper and putting out about 700 flyers yesterday. Such a shame when youngsters go to a lot of effort and there's little response.
A coffee morning at a youth club in the town was drawing more clientele - who were being encouraged in, off the streets!
I've a dinner to go to this evening, for my niece, Nic. It's her 30th birthday on Monday.
Today feels good.

6 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

Sounds like you had a good time at the party. No photos of you dressed up, Pyknyk? I am sure we would all like to see a photo.

Sun Oct 30, 12:20:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Fortunately, when I drove my car home my camera was in it! :)

Sun Oct 30, 01:04:00 am 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You little devil! We demand photos! Get some, however.

Tue Nov 01, 04:01:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

What,you mean I have to learn how to transfer piccies from my phone to the web????
Sheesh!
Hmm, I wonder about the one I took while I was at the naturist club???Nah, best not :)

Tue Nov 01, 04:27:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You want me to come over and give you a hand?

Tue Nov 01, 07:55:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

I spose you could just write the directions how to do it??

Tue Nov 01, 11:40:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home