Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Helpless

OK, there was a period when, hormonally challenged, I'd get stressed out over something stupid ... like my car battery having gone flat, I just burst into tears ... mind you, I did that over the parking ticket, didn't I? Maybe I DO have some hormones left??
On the whole, through life (hell, I'm talking like it's over and it's far from THAT!) I've been a coper. Something go wrong? Get on and fix it!
Looking after the children, they have a spill, you pick 'em up, kiss 'em better and sorted ... apart from if they need to go to the hospital.
How many calls did we have from ATC telling us Chas was at the hospital again?
I was squeamish taking Victoria for her first 'jab' but it's something you just have to do.
I'm having some tiling done in the bathroom at the moment for the installation of a shower.
The young guy who's been left with the job was talking to his partner a while back telling her where I lived for her to deliver some lunch but told her to wait until the rain had let off some.
Rain's let off and he's just dashed through, all worried looking.
"I've got to go!"
"Yes?"
"She's trapped the babies fingers in the door and she's only one. I've got to go."
Why didn't the daft bint just call the surgery or an ambulance ??
OK, that sounds selfish ... but first I was told this was a one day job. This morning I'm told it's a two-day job, grouting tomorrow and: "Oh, by the way, you can't bathe, can you go swimming and have a shower there?"
Fuck!
Anyway, it really would have been much more practical to call someone medical. There's a surgery in the next street, too.
It would be really nice to have the luxury of not being able to cope.
Liar, Julie Coates, you'd do it anyway!!!
I hate asking for help.
Then again, I'm not sure who'd I'd ask it of, anyway!
I'd have stayed in the dark at the top of the landing for ever .... thank you :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Ok, he's back.
The babe smiled when she saw him. Mom wanted him to take her to the dr to check out (he doesn't have a car and would, like Mom, have to walk) but he suggested Mom take her to the dr round the corner.
He said he doesn't like taking the babe for injections .....

Tue Oct 25, 01:08:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

OK, babe's checked out ... I mean has been, not has, as it were. Just bruised fingers.
Ack, it's not the poor babe's fault I'm grumpy!
I suppose I don't like my world being interrupted when it's feeling secure and it's not feeling secure today.
Been thinking about what I can do besides daft ideas like being a masseuse for flotillas in the Carribean (Caribbean?). Anyway, it's been a bit windy down that way, one way and another, well the Gulf on the western side of Floriday is only an inch away from the other side on my world map!

Tue Oct 25, 05:32:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home