Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Talking on the tele-phone

I've just had a conversation with myself on the phone. My bedroom handset, for some reason, seems not to be working. I can dial out but not answer calls.
Awoken early (for me) at 8.15 I tried to take the call on upstairs set which wouldn't work, dashed downstairs, by which time the phone had stopped ringing and then my mobile went off upstairs ... dashed up to get it.
All jolly good exercise. However it was a lady who didn't really want to speak to me, because I had no idea what she was talking about but since she had me, she held me prisoner for about 15 minutes anyway, complaining that I hadn't returned her calls for a week, then she'd realised why and that's because she'd been leaving messages on the wrong number and whoever had been picking the message up must think she was batty, then a tirade about the office phone not being answered - I said they were short staffed at present - then going into the office twice and there being no one to serve her - and she's a busy woman and doesn't have time to waste - then that she doesn't get a free paper and the newspapers should pay the deliverers more to make sure that they turn up - then ...... I did manage to get in 'but I'm FREELANCE' .... then .... thank God her other phone rang.
I've just had a look through the instruction booklet but can't see why this problem has come up. I did try to page the second handset from first - doesn't work. However I can page the first handset from the second!
Tis a puzzlement.
I rang my home no. from my mobile to see if the handset worked. I was sitting there, holding both handsets with the mobile on sofa next to me, waiting for the phone to ring, waiting waiting ... looked at the mobile which was emitting small sounds and there was a guy saying "hello? hello?" . Hmm, he shouldn't be answering MY phone, I should be!
Of course I had to apologise .... wrong number!
At one point I had a phone to each ear and was just getting me chuckling in stereo.
I suppose NOW I need a new digibox AND new phone system!
Perhaps I'd just better make a list for Santa?
Bugger!!! I AM Santa!!!!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, you didn't get the phone call from the met. centre warning you to unplug all your phones and television aerials because of the sunspots?

Wed Oct 12, 10:50:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

No, I got one from some guy saying they had too much wire their end and could I pull a big through ... the phone plug came out of the wall!

Wed Oct 12, 10:52:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Whoops, I meant a bit! Not a big. Mind, I suppose I could have tried to pull a big, but you just don't know what you're getting, do you?

Wed Oct 12, 10:58:00 am 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pyk, you're blowing the mystery of the single woman's life! Now everyone will know the reason our lines are busy is becaue we're talking to ourselves from one phone to the other!

Thu Oct 13, 04:01:00 am 2005  
Blogger Wendy said...

hehehe...annoying phones. You are Santa? What do you mean? Don't you live in England? But, Santa lives at the North Pole...if you come to my house Christmas eve...well, there will be biscochitos and milk. Don't get stuck coming thru the stove flume. That would be bad.

Thu Oct 13, 07:52:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Wendy: Bischochitos and milk? Now if you can rustle up a large glass of sherry and a mince pie, you're on! Flume - poohm ... sylph like moi? Get stuck? (ps, can you leave the back door open please?)

Pat: I can keep myself amused for hours! Actualy it was really funny .. I must be dotty, my own laugh was infective .. the more I chuckled the more I chuckled! Mind you, when I started talking to myself ... I started looking for hairs on the palms of my hands ...

Thu Oct 13, 10:02:00 am 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

S'ok to talk to yourself. It's usually the only way to get an intelligent conversation around here.
Beavis and Butthead soundtrack imagined.
*thinks*, laughing at yourself down the phone... You heavy breathing yourself or something?

Thu Oct 13, 12:04:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

You don't very often hear yourself on the phone .. even on a recording it sounds different. I've been told I'm a chuckler and have a dirty laugh - however one assesses that - but you know it's right ... hearing my laugh made me laugh more and that made me laugh even more.
I'm easily pleased!

Thu Oct 13, 03:10:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Small things amuse small minds... Large things amuse them more though!

Fri Oct 14, 04:45:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home