Saturday, October 08, 2005

These boots were made for walking


New boots! Dash around as I do, my little Pikolinos boots, I just noticed, are just about done for. Not sure if the cobbler can do anything for them. I looked in J Walkers (say it) to see if I could buy a replacement pair but I have very broad little feet (3EE) with a high instep and it's difficult finding comfortable footwear. As a consequence, normally if I do find something to fit I tend to buy 2 or 3 pairs!
I really wanted tan leather boots but searching all the shoe shops in the town I was not suited. But I did eventually get booted, in Peter Scott's shoe shop AND this was the last day of their £5 off offer! I used it to buy a tin of protective spray against dirt and damp - they're suede. My little booties look so sweet!
Damp! I didn't bring my washing in before the rain and returning from town the clothing was dripping, seemed pointless bringing it in by then.
I'm having a day of 'treat Julie'. Filled the fridge with sensible food. I thought for dinner possibly chicken or steak and roasted vegetables. I bought a summer pudding and extra thick cream - big smile - and some Rocquefort and Chevre cheeses. Love the Rocquefort crumbled over salad with a dressing made from walnut oil.
The Chevre is great with caramelised onions on top and then gently grilled.
The roast veg is delicious sprinkled with walnut oil, Balsamic vinegar and a shake of ground cumin.
Also got some fruit.
Gosh, healthy Pyk? I'll probably end up just spooning the extra thick double cream down me!!!
Got a dvd for the evening .. Bridget Jones, the Edge of Reason. I must be the last person in the world to see it.
Oh and I found a dvd "On the Whisky Trail" .. showing he distillery process with visits to various distilleries in Scotland.
Looking around for a new digibox.

8 Comments:

Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Enjoyed the film ... had good snotty-nosed cry, of course!

I wonder if they've got a cd compilation of the songs? I really enjoyed those.

I can watch dvd's on my tv but I watch on computer with head set on and it sounds really great.

Sun Oct 09, 10:49:00 am 2005  
Blogger kat said...

I think I could do with a pair of those boots.

Sun Oct 09, 11:55:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

My Pykolinos were £75 - shame they didn't have the same style or else I would have gone with them again, they are very comfortable.
However, these little red boots (come in brown and navy, too) were only £30 (then a fiver off!).

Don't think you'd want them for your type of walking though Kat!! Mind you, since you don't like going through fields full of cows (and I'm with you on that), you'd probably not have to avoid the cow pats!

Sun Oct 09, 05:22:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the red boots, Pyk! Reminds me of the red shoes you wore way back when!

Wed Oct 12, 03:50:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Not forgetting my red 'at!!! I like red! xx

Wed Oct 12, 09:28:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Simon reckons my red boots look better in person, well, on my feeties.
I was cutting it fine arriving at the Hoover the Dog concert and had to park at the end of a long line of cars in a dark lane. As I walked quickly toward the church, someone behind me with long legs was walking pretty fast and catching me up, my little leggies went 50 to the dozen. Reaching the safety of Sanc-tu-aryyyyyyy in the church's lit porch, I turned and it was only Simon!!!

Wed Oct 12, 07:44:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wadda you mean - only?!!!

Thu Oct 13, 12:01:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Sorrrr-eeeeeeeeeeeee, ALL OF Simon ... you're too tall to be an only, aint cha?

Thu Oct 13, 12:03:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home