Saturday, October 08, 2005

Tonighttttt, tonighttt wont be just ANY night ....

Actually, I don't know if there'll be a morning star. I wouldn't know one if it jumped up and bit me.
There was a tremendously bright night recently. I just went to stand in the yard for a while and chanced to look up ... I mean, I don't normally see anything over 5' and lo (and behold) the sky was amass with the twinkly white things!
BUT there was an interloper. A yellow twinkly thing. I thought it must be a plane, or maybe even a shooting star (I tried, quickly, to think of a wish but I couldn't decide which one to select) ... I watched the yellow star and I'm sure it moved but that could be because I blinked???
Where the hell is this going???
Erm, hold on a mo. ............... re-read, re-read
de dum, de dum. Anyway it turns out it might have been Mars!!!
I think it's misty tonight, lemme look ......no twinkles.

I hadn't looked at the sky in ages.
That must mean I've either been at home, indoors, working or just dashing from place to place. I do that, just focussed ahead.
Tonight.
Well, I had an emotional wobble, the way you do, from time to time ...
You don't????
Well I do!
I came over a bit emotional and teary ... I suppose it could have been hormones but I'm not sure if I have them now!!!
Anyway, I was back on track, quickly, after a hug from Anna and packed my camera bag and off I went.
Two harvest suppers, a service before a harvest supper (or was it auction) and a 'Kay-lee' I just can't be fagged to decide how many i's and e's there are in the word (Ceilidh?)
First stop ..Legbourne for their harvest supper. Must have been about 100 people there, just about to start their supper.
Pic, thank you. whoooooooooooosh
On to the Woolpack for the service and whatever.
Erm, it was cancelled. OK. Fine
On to Alvingham where the kaylee was being held by Rushlinc, except it wasn't because there was one sole car outside Alvingham Village Hall.
Wrong night. Bugger.
On to Fotherby. (pictured, in St Mary's Church)
Fotherby's nice. I like the people at Fotherby.
Park down Church Lane under this hangy type tree and it was like the Night of the Triffids. I'd had my window open and when I closed it, bits of tree were still in the car. They were still there when I drove off.
Get OFF ME!!!
Used the magnalite on my keyring to lock the door and find my way up the church path.
Open door
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Light, bright, smiley, happy people!!!
Hello Julie would you like supper????
Too right I would!!!
How lovely
Roger dashed off for a plate of chine. I'll have to explain chine to you I spose. It's a Lincs delicacy.
Do you know ...........it takes a big black bin bag full of parsley to stuff a chine?
I did get an explanation from a butcher lady once how it's all done but I've got cotton wool for a brain and I can't wholly recall. But it's the back of a pig and big slashes are made into the meat and stuffed with the parsley and whatever and then it's boiled so it becomes ham.
It's something of an acquired taste but once aquired it's very lovely.
I learned something tonight. You're supposed to put vinegar on it!
So I did.
Now that wasn't all!
There was trifle and apple pie to follow AND cheese and Plum Bread (another Lincs delicacy). There are no plums in it though. It's a bread with raisins and currants.
And the company was sooooo convivial.
I chatted at table with a lady who was visiting her parents, originally from Yorkshire, who recently moved to Fotherby. What nice people.
The lady's son, Sam, is a Christian.
I know that sounds strange, but he made a commitment almost 2 years ago (he's 20) and it was delightful chatting to him. Asking how his friends treat him. Though there is quite a number of young people in his church, once outside he's still something of an 'oddity' in this age of binge drinking youngsters.
I was surprised when I saw him, initially, cos the mean age must have been about 45, of the diners and there's this young lad who didn't in the least look sulky cos he'd been dragged along.
He belongs to a church in .... damn, I really must take in details better (Keithley may ring a bell, but I was writing, earlier, about Keith Sharp - chair of Louth MS Society and there's going to be a Louth Male Voice Choir concert with some welsh guys in aid of the local MS branch). Well wherever and they have a band and the words to songs (they dont say hymns) are displayed on a screen, and there are lots of youngsters and they do happy clappy.
Well, he just seemed like a really nice lad.
Then after tea/coffee we had a rousing hymn singing session of ............of course ...... We plough the fields and scaaaaaat -ter etc. Then, ..... can't remember, Oh, ... Raise the song of Harvest home, that one. Then ...... oh yes, How Great Thou Art.

Wow, i really got into that one.
Shame I stopped going to choir. I really do love to sing.
Thenthe answer to a puzzle.

The puzzle was ..........


What is this????

I'm not going to give you any clues since we didn't have any .............. OK, I'll be kind, but it's a very obscure clue ... look at the colour of the casing. What edible product do we Brits automatically associate that colour with (think a bit darker) .... then you'll have to go to a plant site to look up its common name with this word preceding it.

I could be really really generous and tell you that the second word rhymes with wine.

Sheesh, if you don't get it now, then you're an eejit!!!

Whoops, Sorreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee . Snort, laughter.

Yes, of course I got it ... I got the name of it from the lady who brought it along!!

2 Comments:

Blogger bluefluff said...

Are you going to tell us the answer then? Pretty please?

I didn't get far trying to guess... some food we associate with that colour, only darker - um, purple sprouting broccoli? grapes?

It's hard to work out the scale - it could be a little tiny seed split in two, or a great big pie!

Sun Oct 09, 01:44:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Oops, it was on a church offertory plate, which I spose are all much of a muchness in size. Hmm, maybe cathedrals have bigger ones though.

OK, the purple, darker was the wrapping on Cadbury's chocolate!!!

Common name: Chocolate Vine
Latin name: Akebia Quinata.

This was the first year the plant had been in fruit and the plant smells like chocolate.

The pod is about 2.5-3" long and 1.5 inches wide.

Sun Oct 09, 10:31:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home