Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Digibox dead

Duke of Gloucester at Kidgate School, yesterday













Sharron Davies at Lacey Gardens Junior School today




Rev Richard Holden being presented with a photograph of the celebration of his first communion in charge, that is. The photographer was .....? Yeah! I got to stand in the pulpit!!

Coun Grant Allen, Chairman of Alford Civic Trust addresses guests invited to the 'topping out' of Alford Manor House. I shinnied up the ladder behind him.

Week ago, Friday, a couple of girlfriends came back here for a drink and chat after closing time and we chatted and chatted and chatted a bit more and them some more and at 9.30 am on Saturday we finally parted company.
We'd talked alllll the way through the night.
However, the wine flowed a little more liberally than I'd intended since Julie (another one, not me) managed to send her glass of wine (Villa Maria) flying (twice).
Needless to say I slept much of Saturday, worked Sunday and it wasn't until Monday that I turned the TV on and wanted to scan what was on via the digibox. It was all fuzzy. Very poor reception, so I put it down to interference due to the weather conditions.
I tried again the next day, same problem.
I unplugged it all and thought maybe the problem would go away when I plugged it back in.
Wrong.
Then it dawned on me .... two glasses of wine inside a digibox probably do it no good whatsoever!
It went in the dustbin bag today.

I've been loaned a copy of the Da Vinci Code. I keep seeing that it's a favourite in various dating profiles. Seems people either love it or hate it, so I thought I'd give it a go so I can have an opinion on it.

I had dressed crab today. Ate it from the shell cos I'd forgotten, nah, couldn't be bothered to queue, to get salad. Looked at the label which read: "This product may contain pieces of shell." To which my mind responded: "oh yeah, duhhh". I was wondering if I could do anything with the shell, maybe have a little 'seaside' spot in the garden, or make a feature of one of the pots, shells, sand, weed ... then I saw printed inside the shell was 'Reg Des 917059'. I thought it was real, not plastic!!!

I wonder if that crab knew that it was going to be famous posthumously??

I'm eating half a melon, spooning into it and it's delicious!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A plastic shell? That's too funny! :)

I wanted to thank you for visiting my art blog and leaving such a nice comment.

I really like your blog. I might add it to my links (that is - if you don't mind?)

Thu Oct 06, 05:27:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Mind??? Not in the least - I'm honoured :)
Thank you Colleen.
I shall put a link to you on mine so others might enjoy your work.

Thu Oct 06, 11:38:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home