Saturday, October 08, 2005

Smells


Remember I bought a crystal deoderant?
I was somewhat hesitant in using it and sniffed hither and thither about my person every 10 mins the first day I used it.
However, I have to say that it is so effective that it is disconcerting.
Y'know how, after healthy exercise or ... hey, why beat about the bush ... sometimes, one is just aware of one's own personal aroma. It's not unpleasant, it's just natural. Well, if one doesn't let it get out of hand it's not unpleasant!
I think it's quite sensuous, actually and prefer a gentle smell of perspiration on a guy to some of the rather overpowering spray deoderants which seem to be very popular nowadays.
Anyway, this deoderant is SO effective that there's absolutely NO body smell and no perspiration.
It makes me feel like I don't exist!
This particular crystal deoderant, Ice Guard I bought in a Fabian's Health Shop for £4.99. Boots did have two brands, one was £6+ the other a roll on liquid crystal.
Oh, to use the Ice Guard you either rub the crystal on while still wet from bathing or run it under the tap to dampen.
.... Hey guys .... it says it can be used on the feet ;)

***** Star!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got one. Yes it really does work.
As the late great Ronnie Barker once said "I need a deoderant." "Ball or aerosol?" "Eh? No, underarm."

Sat Oct 08, 10:51:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Hahahahaha
I also read today that one of these can last about a year! Now that makes it worth considering. In fact, there's absolutely no reason (that I can see) not to consider it.
I didn't realise there was a spray one which can be used inside shoes. Fortunately, I don't have stinky feet.

Sat Oct 08, 10:54:00 pm 2005  
Blogger kat said...

I am allergic to perfumes so I will give this a try. Thanks.

Sun Oct 09, 11:51:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Happy to help .. it's worth publicising something that does what it's supposed to do, huh? No marks on clothes, either.

Sun Oct 09, 05:15:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Wendy said...

interesting. Wonder if you can buy it here in the states. I don't believe I have ever seen it.

Mon Oct 10, 07:39:00 am 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try the hippy shops Wendy...

Mon Oct 10, 09:36:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Just doing a Google search on 'crystal deoderant', Wendy, I came up with this : http://www.calantilles.com/catcframes/Products/CloseOuts/deodorant/closeout5.htm
Typically,in the US you pay in $ what we'd pay in £ !!It looks very similar.
I first came across a crystal type deoderant in the US, Tx a store that sold a huge variety of cheeses, lots of fresh organic fruit, foreign products not found elsewhere, maybe it was called something like the Wholefood Store? I wasn't tempted to buy, thinking it couldn't possibly work. Last year in St Lucia, a friend bought her son a crystal, which was rock shaped, thinking that a young lad would be more inclined to use this unusual form of deoderant than a sissy spray.
Seems to be that if people cotton on to this it could cut drastically the toiletry industries profits on deoderants and they're not cheap, are they?
I did also find in the US that roll ons were more prevalent than aerosols.

Mon Oct 10, 10:28:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Went into a 'nature' shop in Louth today and they had THREE brands of this deoderant. One was Thai, shaped like a bar of soap, Another was like a ball and the third one was in spray, roll on and push up. The latter was only in the £2.50 range, too. Not bad, huh.
Bumped into a lady in the town today who said "Hi, how's your deoderant?" I had a quick sniff about me .. "Great!" I'd seen her on the first day of use and voiced my fears that it may not work. She's going to buy one now.
Maybe we should buy shares in a crystal deod co? The market could be about to explode!!!

Wed Oct 12, 07:47:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home