Friday, October 14, 2005

Got a new box!

What????

Went searching for electricals this afternoon. I dropped my little radio the substitute for car radio and broken one of the ear phones and the radio's awfully crackly too.

I had been deriving SUCH pleasure from being able to listen to Radio 4 again so hoped I'd be able to replace it. The little radio was only £2, the batteries cost more! However, searching the town I couldn't find anything similar, what a shame. Still I can listen with one earpiece though it's still crackly. Still, better than nothing and I'll keep an eye open to see if I can find a new one. I suppose I can think about getting the aerial on car fixed but it just needs someone to pull the aerial out again and I'm stuck with yet another £200 bill. It'll just have to be an insurance jobbie next time. It's a little late to report it now, I suppose.

However I did find a digibox. Yes, plenty around, at a price. Basic is good and I found one at £39.99 in the Co-op and I'm up and running. I'd missed those extra channels, ITV 3 particularly. Happy bunny now.

Still have to pack for my Scotland break but the golf stuff's sorted. Clubs, well over the allowed number in the bag. I probably only use about 5 of them with any regularity (that is, when I actually last played) and even then could probably get around with a putter, a 7 iron and my 9 wood. Lotsa spare balls, couple of gloves. Shoes and socks, wet gear, tees. Sorted. Wellies and walking boots, all handed over already for stowing for the journey.

I hate packing to go away, what to take??? Have to have absolutely everything I have available to select from and then agony of choice. It's almost a relief to be coming back again and only have to get everything back in the case.

Still, not wishing the time away, just looking forward to 'the journey' .....


5 Comments:

Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

After years of being embarrassed with 'Heavy' luggage labels being stuck on my suitcases at airports and seeing hotel porters grimace as they try to hump my case for me I am now a minimilist packer.

I am so proud of myself. I no longer care about choices and feel such freedom knowing I don't have to search through everything to match up an outfit.

Enjoy your break ;-)

Sat Oct 15, 10:41:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Y'know I think one of the really good things about naturist holidays was the fact that one hold-all held the whole family's clothing for a fortnight!
I suppose Ibizia holidays are similarly minimalist.
I don't actually TAKE a huge amount and I don't do large cases (can't manoeuvre something as tall as I am!) and only take as much as I alone can carry.
The first time I went away with my husband, he said: "My mother told me you should only take as much as you can carry." So I did. Actually, with the golf clubs, I think I might need two trips!!!
Thank you ... I shall, I'm sure, enjoy the break.

Sat Oct 15, 10:56:00 am 2005  
Blogger kat said...

Have a great time. I love Scotland.

Sat Oct 15, 11:36:00 pm 2005  
Blogger bluefluff said...

Yes, have a lovely break & take lots of photos :-)
I think it's stopped raining for a little while....

Sun Oct 16, 03:58:00 am 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See ya! Have a nice one.
My digibox has gone quiet. I think the transmitter's off as the neighbour has moved his aerial. Digiboxes are excluded from the Argos 14-day money back policy.

Mon Oct 17, 09:59:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home