Friday, October 28, 2005

Wonderful weather

But my how confusing was the weather today? I was dressed warmly from early, ready to go out with a girlfriend, in the latest fashion, viking boots, long swishy skirt and cable woolly. G/f had to cancel so I took me off down town to do some banking , thought a walk would be healthy and blow the cobwebs away and took the precaution of putting a gilet on too.
Was I ever hot!
And what diverse fashions from me looking like Eskimo Nell to people walking around in tee shirts and shorts and bare bellies!
Nope, not done the CV yet and the job offer didn't come through ... would you believe it, there is no job fairy????
However, the Angels (cards, remember?) are telling me to charge ahead and to expect miraculous solutions. ..... Pete, just shush, huh??? I can't afford any more 2 pennies !!!!
Sheesh, it's back to reality this week after the great week in Scotland. Not many jobs, bit worrying (bit?????).
I went to A&E the other night ... my eyes were really puffy and red. I figured if there were people bleeding all over the place I'd just turn on my heel and walk out.
However, no one laughed at me and the man at reception was so sweet and found me on the records.
He went thro my details and then next of kin .... Tora (love ya) ... it was her old address in Sheffield, though. It occured to me that with Tora thousands of miles away and nine hours behind us that to attempt to telephone her in the event of dire circumstances ... get your ass over here, your mum's gonna die in an hour ... was, hmmm, maybe a bit pointless.
So I gave 'em my neighbour's name and number.
Then my bloody eyes got even redder ... cos they shed a tear. Silly, innit?

3 Comments:

Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Awwwww, bless :)

Fri Oct 28, 12:12:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can get there in about 18 hours. You'll just have to hold on a bit longer. You're strong and stubborn enough. Love you. xxxxxx

Sun Oct 30, 04:12:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

OK, but don't castigate me for being woken in the middle of the night when you get to my bedside! Grapes/flowers not an essential.

Glad to see you're back, safe and sound from your holiday, darling. Love you, too xxxxx

Sun Oct 30, 04:16:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home