Monday, November 07, 2005

Lost the plot, headless chicken mode

Promptly gone into lost the plot, headless chicken mode.
Seem to have spent the better part of the day looking on local job sites, phoned a couple, applications in post to me tonight, forgot my dental appointment, been asked where photo prints are (here, waiting) found insurance doc I should complete and return, mail unopened cheque or two unbanked.
OK Ishould be doing that, instead of this, except this is my five minutes of regaining sanity.
Got a nice job at the Food and Drinks Fayre on 19th, preview evening. Got a spare ticket.
Flower water needs changing, sun was over the roof and washing almost as wet as when it went out.
Got a job at 7pm mustn't miss that, too.
Just eaten lunch/dinner, at least don't have to bother about food again. No wonder people saying 'you've lost a lot of weight'.
Think I should concentrate the job hunting to evening hours.
Wonder when I'll do the accounts?
Pull self together, girl.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Pyk.

Mon Nov 07, 04:41:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

OK, got it together. Did my whirlwind thing. Haven't finished yet and the accounts are like the Firth of Forth bridge.
Opened two files, jobs/cvs and applications submitted, just in case I get a call and need to lay hands on 'em quick fast.
Still sorting but on the case.
Fortunately I do actually put things in files when I've opened the mail so was able to find my car's VIN no (whatever it is) for the insurance form, got it copied and in mail.
Gone thro newspapers for what's going on to put in diary ... just in case the paper decides to publish them. Maybe time'd be better spent there just doing my ironing?
Just have to keep head down :)

Mon Nov 07, 10:19:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always have such a hard time when I get home from work and am tired and just want to put my feet up and read and watch TV or something else mindless, but then there are things to do, which if I don't do them, they pile up until it is such a mess! I'm trying to motivate myself to at least not add to the mess, if I don't have energy to tackle it. You know what we need, Pyk? A wife!!! Men have had it figured out all these eons!

Tue Nov 08, 01:47:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

We need Mr Motivator!!! Yayyy

Tue Nov 08, 03:24:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home