Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Marvellous new ear plugs

They squish very flat and then take about 5 mins to expand in yer lug 'oles.

They've proved to me that I CAN get a long sleep - if the morning traffic is cut out. There are some particularly noisy happenings and vehicles. One is the council's lorry carrying the market stalls with all those steel poles rattling together.
Another is the emptying of the three glass bottle banks opposite, around 7 am on Tuesday mornings. That used to be my day off when I was working a 9-5 (plus evenings for piccies) and I really didn't appreciate the sound of breaking bottles so early in the day. I also would have a concern for my car since it's parked close to where the grabbing arm lifts the containers and one day there was a patch of shards of glass where the driver obviously had a bad aim that day!
Of course there are those individuals who really enjoy dropping the bottles in to hear a satisfying smash, too! It's amazing how sound can carry.
A third is a taxi firm which collects someone regularly for 9.30 am, every morning. (OK, it's late to be in bed but if I'd been up til 4am, it's reasonable, just sorta shift working). The driver arrives about 9.20 and then gives two parps on his horn.
Then there are the parpers going by who know my neighbour.
I shut the phone off in the bedroom. For some reason, of late, I can't answer on that handset. I can make calls out but not accept them and it's frustrating to run downstairs and the caller rings off before I get to the phone!
This morning, for some reason, I actually checked the bedside handset when I awoke from my slumbers, to find three calls awaiting my attention.
The first one made me sniffle and the second one made me laugh: "Take the earplugs out of your ears, then you'll be able to hear the phone ringing!"
What a special man!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home