Saturday, December 10, 2005

Ahem

Is it just me or is everyone seeing fuzzy???
Grin
I experienced late night opening last night, at t'pub.
I only went over for the last hour, not realising the last hour had turned into the last two hours and there was such a lot of bonhomie that I actually got home three hours later.
Good grief, maybe it's true that people will drink much more???
I certainly did, I dare not to say even HOW much, suffice to say that it is now 13.40 and and still re-hydrating. Surely there's a better word for that?
Getting wet? Nah.
Soaking?
Sopping up?
OK re-hydrating.

Sutton on Sea had a Victorian Christmas shopping evening last night and the main drag, giggle, was closed.

There were a few guys, Old Fossils (no, I'm not being derogatory!) selling hot chestnuts and mulled wine, and other stalls, of course - this fuzzy picture is one such, Tony Powell. I was messing about with the settings and thought this was a sort of ghostly picture. I did get a proper one, too, which looks very jolly.
I think this is Peter Atkin.
Wot a lot of conkers!

I had to stand on the street waiting for someone tall to walk past last night when I got back!

My car aerial, fixed at great expense (£198) was screwed in so tightly by a guy from the Environment Agency the other day when inspecting the sea defences that unscrewing it, at the best of times difficult, became impossible last night. I'm just not tall enough to grip it at the right angle.

So I skulked around the car park eating a bag of popcorn (caramelised) wondering if whomever I asked to remove my car aeril would, in fact, request me to show, in some way or other, that the car was in fact mine, or whether they would be just helping me have it away with someone else's aerial. Do I mean that?? I think I meant to say make off with.

Fortunately, the first person who came by was a) 6' 3" so I wasn't going to embarrass anyone who was also too short and b) Rick, Anna's boyfriend, whom I know so that little jobette was accomplished no probs.

I have just purchased my son's Xmas present. I don't think he reads this so it won't spoil the surprise. And anyway, he'll find out in a couple of days time through the post.

I've bought him a goat!!!

There was a radio programme on a couple of weekends back where people were discussing how much to spend, what to get, whether one should even buy Xmas gifts at all.

I don't think, by and large, except for a large collection of shoes and aerosol deoderants that I or my kids are particularly materialistic. I don't HAVE to have designer stuff, if it fits and it's the right colour and looks ok, that's fine by me, and since Chas is an organ donor ... no, hang about, a potential one but I hope not too soon and please God not before I go, unless it's just some of that stuff that's in the middle of your bones ... ahhh, marrow .... which he can spare ... losing plot, losing plot .... hmmm, oh yes, so I thought he might like to have a gift that's helping someone else this year.

You can get more than just a goat (you can get a whole herd of them!) can buy a toilet block, a fruit tree (this was second favourite choice, cos it's living, see?) clean water kit, plastic sheeting, a school desk, school uniforms .... all sorts of stuff, from a fiver to £000's. You select your gift, then personalise a card and can either send it email or snail mail (sorry postie, I do know you walk pretty fast really).

Well, I figure that if I can't buy a present that won't be useful, or I don't know what the recipient would really like/enjoy, then exchanging dosh is just a bit daft so it may as well be used for better purposes, huh?

Ok, so you're all dying to know the URL for this great way or sorting out a gift ... it doesn't have to be for Christmas, it can be for any ol' reason at all!

So ...... http://www.greatgifts.org

Must get my Christmas cards written. I wish I thought about all this earlier then I could have made some! I've had two particularly lovely hand made cards and wonder if I've got time to make any ... or enough imagination to make interesting ones. Duh, I spose I could take a photograph of something???

Or maybe I should just crack on with the accounts.

I'm SOOOO good at procrastinating.

Having said that, I'd better get shifting cos I've got to get to an Xmas Fayre at Fotherby and then on to Ian's. He cooking a rogan josh for dinner and I'm going to take over a Bollywood DVD, Bride and Prejudice which makes me hum "bompa dompa dom" and want to jump around (sound like and Oompa Lumpa, don't I?)

Maybe I'll just make another cup of tea first???

OH, Chas is coming over tomorrow - son - and in the evening there's a concert, Handel's Messiah.

Bompa dompa dom








4 Comments:

Blogger dot said...

You sound like a fun person to be around. Busy, busy, busy!

A goat? Now, that's an interesting gift...

Sat Dec 10, 02:56:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was vibration caused by the hooves of the four egg-nogs of the apocalypse...

I like chestnuts.

Sun Dec 11, 09:39:00 am 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How the hell do you wrap a goat?

Mon Dec 12, 03:56:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Hi Paula, had a busy, busy weekend! Thank you :)

GW ... now that sounds plain daft, apart from the bit about the chestnuts!

Squid ... very carefully!!!

Mon Dec 12, 04:01:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home