Friday, December 16, 2005

Fine balancing act

The sky was half blue, half brown so I risked putting out the laundry, bedding, though there was no wind (it blew all thro the night though).
Now the wind's come up but the sky's wholly grey/brown so I have to get ready to rush out to grab the laundry before it gets soaked!
There was a frost last night. I should have put the laundry out overnight. It's great when it gets frozen because it freeze dries and though it may be a bit difficult to get off the line and fold, it's great when it defrosts, just right for ironing.
Sheesh, how mundane!
Didn't get to bed until 3.40 am, finishing making/writing cards and wrapping pressies. I was going to do 'just one more' pressie when I realised I was so tired I could hardly stand.
Sank into my pillow, covered up with the down duvet then realised I should be up early because the postman tried to deliver a parcel yesterday at 9.10 and the card said he'd try again today. So I've been pottering, waiting for him to come, when I really want to go back to sleep and I reckon postie's probably decided that if I wasn't in at 9.10 y'day he'll try me at the back end of the day.
If I suddenly fall asleep while typing ... oh oh, sky's getting awfa dark.
Weather report from Ian, 19 M north of me that he's just had hailstones. Ouch.
The parcel I'm waiting for is a gift from Tori but the PO have decided to levy a huge customs duty on it. Ian's called to say his parents had a similar occurence and managed to get a refund!
Well, i want my pressie and am happy to pay but by gum sometimes they can be very jobsworth!
Looking out of the window earlier I saw a guy walking around the car park opposite taking photographs from different angles. Since he then took one with my car in it I could contain myself no longer and forgetting I was dressed in my checked jammies and red socks I threw open the door and yelled at him: "Excuse me ... what are you doing."
The guy actually lives over the road but without my specs on I couldn't see it was him.
He came over to explain that he was photographing for a survey (I'd have thought ...... rainnnnnnnn
Argh and yeuk .... it was hail and I didn't have time to find footware and my socks are wet! AT the same time the Parcelforce guy called and while taking delivery and discussing the parcel the phone went and then my mobile trilled too!
Why do things happen all at once?
The delivery guy has pointed out a number to call to reclaim (if possible) charges ... which, naturally, is engaged every time I call it and ringback doesn't work.
Oh yes, the car park ... seems the council want it surveying to re do it, adding posts so it looks like the free spaces, if that's what they are because one neighbour disputes that, saying they have it in their deeds that they have a parking space over there. Which would only be fair since we have double yellows both sides of the road and thus no where to park our cars and no room in the garden/drives. I suppose I should ring the council now and get my 'bags I' in for a paying spot. Sigh bloody sigh!
Second lot of washing's just finished so now I have TWO lots to find drying space for.
Ting! I could use the tumble drier!
Wonder how long I'm going to have to keep re-dialling?

4 Comments:

Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Oh WOW, what a super sketch it is!!! It's as intricate as a jigsaw puzzle. And it's got 'history', Tora included a photographic account of it's 'birth' her table, ready to draw at, as he sat, looking at the picture she'd taken which she sketched, the outlines, work in progress and finally the original photograph close up and of course the sketch. I was told not to smude it and I shall have to give the framer some precise instructions. Like 'Smudge it at your peril!"
(She did use fixer though!)

Fri Dec 16, 11:25:00 am 2005  
Blogger kat said...

Paying duty on Christmas presents!! That's awful.

We get presents from Australia but we have never been asked to pay anything. ( I have to admit, I don't know anything about the system. )

Fri Dec 16, 09:12:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Wendy said...

I love this post. Very descriptive. Pretty.

Sun Dec 18, 10:11:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Ah, got the duty position sorted now! Time consuming but sorted! Now just have to wait a month or two for the refund!

Tue Dec 20, 12:21:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home