Thursday, January 26, 2006

Latest successes

They're only small but even so, a success is a success!
I have managed to get on a waiting list for a new dentist. I have a hygienist visit booked with the old surgery and if I have an emergency I gather dentists HAVE to see you, so though it may be months (I was told) rather than weeks, at least there's hope!
Also read thro the pension info, last night, which I've been given for the new job. To be honest I'm not a lot wiser though it's set out very well. I wonder when that financial advisor gets back?? I think I know which one I need but I need advising.
This evening I've composed a letter, ready to mail to my former husband, asking for help with answering the questions. Without his help, having looked at the questionnaire, I think I'm stumped.
Had to run the gamut of a picket line today, going into work. However, there were only two guys on the line, one with a placard together with a non-striking member of staff to welcome us in, so I just smiled a nice smile and said "Good morning!" to them all !
A suggestion has been made to have an office get-together to enable the new and old staff in the building to get to know one another, which I think is a good idea.
It's dress down day tomorrow.
One young guy who came into the room late, mis-heard the announcement and said: "You're joking????!!!"
"A dressing gown day???"
OH, was chuffed to see today on the internet version that I've got front cover on Lincolnshire Life magazine!! Yayyyyy. It isn't actually in the shops yet, maybe arrive in a couple of days.
It's the piccie of the Turner Prize winning artist Grayson Perry, who was dressed as a lady, cos he likes to do that.
There's a link at the side, here, for a gander at the mag cover.
Also looked at The Journal, online and found they've used half a doz piccies of the Caistor Sommeliers' dinner in December, including a piccie of Ian and myself. Of course I didn't take that one!
It'll be time to send out a couple of invoices, shortly.
Think I'll then close the business account - maybe do two lots of accounts at once???
Hah, fat chance!!



2 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

It must make you feel very proud to see your photographs on the front of magazines.

Fri Jan 27, 12:58:00 am 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Not just for the maganzine cover (which makes you a cover model?) but for surviving the crossing of the picket line!

Sun Jan 29, 03:19:00 am 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home