Sunday, August 07, 2005

Slightly squiffy

but compos mentis (is that spelled correctly), having walked the 93 steps home ... well, it IS 93 steps from my front door to the Newmarket pub but I've never actually counted the steps home. I figure it's probably more though because going uphill one takes long steps and downhill shorter ones ... don't you think?
Started out at 12.45 and took pictures of a gentleman's garden. He read in a gardening weekly that someone was boasting of having 60 pot plants in his garden and he, bless, has 120 .. can you imagine even just counting them? So off I toddled to have a look-see. I trit trotted around looking for my angle, up the wooden hill for a view from the bedroom, then up a ladder and finally found the best angle was squatting a bit anyway. 20 pictures later I'm toddling off to ... where did I go, hmmm, Mablethorpe where Gareth has set up a weather station and is tracking the weather . He actually tracked the tornado that hit Birmingham, 'cept he didn't know it was Birmingham, cos the system wasn't fully calibrated and it missed Birmingham. Which Birmingham would have been happy about but in fact it did hit them. Anyways, Gareth always did think that Mablethorpe had its own micro climate and now he reckons he was right all along ... Am I making sense ... THEN has a spot of lunch at the Dunes and a chat with Malk. Hey! I was a judge in search for a star the other night. 10 acts we listened to. I really do hand it to people prepared to get up on a stage and perform. Y'know, I think I quite fancy that myself.
I'm having thoughts about my career. Thinking of retraining as a masseuse - d'ya reckon I'd be any good?
Then ... off to Sutton for fayre pictures and was very kindly sent on my way ... after the picture ... by Grace, with a bag of chicken pies. There's really no excuse to be skinny in this job (nor any opportunity) because people are sooooo caring (generally) and if there's food and drink in the offing then I'm offered. Then hied me to Alford for their flower and veg show. Ohhhhh pooooooh .... yes, poooooh, scarycheri would have been well at home with the country smells abroad in that area today. I mean, there's country smells and country smells and this one was ab disgusting!!!! What had they been feeding the animals???
I must have been getting a bit heady, my captions were getting rather OTT. Interviewing a lady with quite a number of exhibits and her husband standing by, I asked if he helped ... oh yes, he said, oh no, she said. Caption ... and her husband, no use at all. And then there was Maurice with a big one. Marrow of course! Whatever did you think I meant.
The deputy Mayor read there was a section for 'dressed onions'. So she did just that, dressed up some onions, with little hats, scarves, etc ... "Well, I didn't know what it meant!". Nor would I have done. I think it commendable that she got a commended for her entry.
I think I got home then and worked for a couple of hours then trotted off to a bbq in aid of The Friends of St James, where I was offered the odd libation or two and grabbed a plate of food and chatted and had a thoroughly civil time and then it was time for a quickie at The Newmarket (have I gone full circle) where a fun chin wag ensued and a couple more glasses of wine.
I think I'm a bit squiffy.
What the heck. A long day, captions awaiting my attention and a couple of jobs tomorrow followed by ... a day with no pictures!
Yayyy, wonder what I can do with that day?? Hmm, how about having a go at the accounts???
OHHH, I haven't told you yet ... Oh this year I'm off to sunny Spain, oh vivi espana.
Alright, it's only 6 days, worked around jobs. The night before I go will be a matchstick propping open the eyelids jobbie but it's rather nice, the thought of a few days off.
I must be organised and get my bag packed early and not stress myself out by doing it all at the last minute. But I expect I will.
I had this idea about being a masseuse. I could have a little boat and float around the bermuda triangle offering my services to passing flotillas.
Well? Why not?
Di I say 'slightly' squiffy????
Maybe I should recalibrate?

2 Comments:

Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

Squiffy maybe - but funny all the same ;-)

Sun Aug 07, 10:58:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

The good thing about my squiffyness is that I only get silly and smiley and not stroppy! However, the idea of floating around the Bermuda Triangle was possibly a bit too silly - I mean, people disappear in that, don't they?

Sun Aug 07, 11:51:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home