Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Looking after the pennies

I'm getting into this saving lark!
Well, it's not quite saving, it's spending less.
I phoned the National Insurance peeps and told them to cancel the direct debit cos I'm no longer self employed.
Stop them? Is that what you want to do?
Well, yes, I think it's appropriate since I'm PAYE now, don't you?
Erm, yes.
OK.
Also phoned mobile co and told them I aim to halve my bill either with them or without them.
Which gained me a half price annual contract and £100 off my next bill. Mind, that £100 was cos I didn't want a new phone.
The one I have sings and dances enough for me. I can do piccies, texts and talk, wake myself up, make notes and that's quite sufficient.
Went to the doc tonight, usual stuff, cold gone to my chest. Don't think there's room for much more there!
Got the antiobiotics, cough cough.
I'm sitting in my jammies, stuffed full of sausage pie (with chicken).
Oh, it's not actually my birthday 'til tomorrow. I bought a bunch of snack bars, Clubs (mint and orange), Cadbury's choc rolls, cup cakes, Rollo Rolls, lemon fingers, jelly beans, granola bars and low cal biscuit thingies to put out on the morrow and invite peeps to help me celebrate my birthday.
It's the biggest 'party' I'll ever have had.
In fact, I remembered, the first since I was 11, methinks.
I think I've hit the purple age. Not only is my work wardrobe shades of purple but today I went into Wilkos and every 'smelly' I bought (loo, floor cleaner, disinfectant, candle, bleach) is lavender.
The accounts?
Yeah, soon!
Now, wonder what I can save on spending next??
Sensibly of course!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy buffday Pyk!

Wed Feb 08, 09:40:00 am 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Spot on for cutting back. Perhaps you could go on a lecture circuit???


Thanks for tagging me! It was fun...
(Although, I was a bit cheeky.)

Thu Feb 09, 01:31:00 am 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home