Thursday, March 16, 2006

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I don't like this chilly weather, it makes my knee play up!
I thought the copper bangles had solved the problem, way back in May but it has come upon me again and I think it was the weather that solved the problem, sunshine (not to mention being a stone lighter!) rather than the mystique of copper and magnets.
So I've gulped down my ibruprophen (fen?) .... don't you think there's a lot of 'ph's' in medicines? there's phenol this and phensy that ..... afore I go to bed. I've been waking about 5am with 'the knee' and not really getting back off to sleep.
Now, who was the writer who wrote a very amusing novel about a guy with 'a knee'. I know! David Lodge. I think. Certainly someone wrote about a guy (the same one, I think) who was terrified he'd combust spontaneously, so he carried a mini extinguisher around in his briefcase.
I saw a programme about spontaneous combustion a few years ago and the images stick in my mind yet.
Tora, forget you ever read that .... your dreams are exciting enough without adding rubbish springing from MY mind!
Not that I'm a crock (oh yeah?) or crock of anything (excuse ME!) BUT I've got pulled muscles in my shoulder for getting stuck at the computer for about 3 hrs on a difficult call at work, yesterday.
Today I took in a cologne stick '4711' Cool. It's got a great smell; a mixture of green tea perfume and menthol. I rubbed some on to cool me down and relieve a little of the tension and before I knew it the stick was being passed around my colleagues who then sat in the wafting fumes, de-stressing!
Think I'll just stay put this weekend. Accounting for every minute of my time, at work, doesn't come easily to a quirky Aquarian so I may just spend the weekend with absolutely NO appointments and just lounging around in my jammies, hah!
Hmmm, I wonder if my hairdresser's free on Saturday? Ugh, that'd mean an appointment though. I could, at least, pop in and have a look at the range of colours available. Quite like the idea of red. No, not chestnut red, RED red! well, sorta purpley red, as opposed to strawberry red.
I bought tons of stuff today, so I could spend over £40 and get £7 off my bill, at Somerfield. Not bad, eh?
Yep, I'm still shopping there, despite the cold fridges but I figure it's cold outside now anyway and I'm going in there wearing a well padded coat so I can stand the cold.
Oh had my dental appointment today and told the hygienist that it'll be my last visit to her since I haven't re-registered in the new private dental scheme.
She's disappointed since I normally have to spend the first 10 mins talking to bring her up to date on my exploits ... I promised I'd drop a card in every now and again so she doesn't lose touch.
Well, I'd best go brush my nice shiny clean 'tushpegs' before I go up the wooden hill.
I will SOOOOOOOO deserve my week off at the end of the month. Sighhhhhhhhh

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning, Pyk! I am still struggling with getting my new computer set up, and I haven't been getting around to seeing everyone as much lately. Not much time this morning, either, as it's about time for me to head to work. I had to find something with green in it to wear for St. Patrick's Day. It's really a big deal in Kansas City--practically a holiday in many people's minds. They actually take off work to go to the big parade--one of the biggest in the country. The idea of getting in a big crowd of people drunk on green beer doesn't sound too entertaining to me, though! Take care! We miss you!

Fri Mar 17, 01:30:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

I recall the St Pat's parades in Dallas, very entertaining affairs. I did get pix one year but think they reside in Fort Worth, sigh.
Y'know, I miss 'me', too. I'll nip over and see what you gals are up to and chew the cud a bit xx

Sun Mar 19, 09:00:00 pm 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm at home playing hooky today. We were under a winter weather advisory for yesterday afternoon and today, but it fizzled out. I decided to take the day off, regardless, as things have been a little slow at work. Maureen got lots of snow out her way, though.

Tue Mar 21, 04:20:00 pm 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home