Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Wappy Valentines!

Just thought the day was worth a mention.

Had a lovely phone call this evening, quite unexpected. I suppose it shows what goes around, comes around ... sometimes in a nice way.

Clearing around a little I came across a photograph I'd had printed, intending to give it 'just for the noticeboard' but having other things on my mind, didn't get around to posting it until yesterday.

This evening I had a call from the Mablethorpe RNLI/Coastguard PR guy thanking me for the photograph. He said the boys (and girl) were delighted with the piccie which had been taken of them on Remembrance Sunday. He said he was sorry I'm not around for their photographs any more since I'd done them many a good piccie and turn and if I wanted to pop around to the lifeboat station on a Sunday, I should have coffee with them ... even the possibility of a ride on t'boat when the weather improves!

Now wasn't that kind?

Hey, went to the http://www.spilsby.info/theatre/ Spilsby Theatre on Saturday, Ian's treat, to see (hear?), OK, see AND hear the Joji Hirota Taiko Drummers. There was a HUGE drum and the sticks were like broomhandles. The drumming set a thrumming right thro me!

The only thing that marred the evening was that since the group was late arriving, the entire audience was coaxed into the bar and it was cram jammed, plus the outer passageway. I got a sudden claustrophobic panic, haven't had one for years but suddenly finding myself surrounded by people all taller than I I had to race for the door!

Prior to the show we had a Chinese meal close by which was jolly tasty.

The Audrey T dvd has turned up ... which is to say I've remembered who I loaned it to! So much to remember at present.

I'm going over papers tonight for a panic refresher in what I've supposed to have learned over the last 5 weeks.

Bought petrol on the way home and picked up a bag of Maltesers. The assistant asked if I wasn't taking advantage of the special offer of 4 choccie bars for £1.20 ... since it was a saving of 80p I did - and had eaten 2.5 of them by the time I got home. Sigh.

Sommeliers' meeting, last night, was interesting. S. African wines. 3 whites, plus a dessert muscat and 3 (or 4?) reds. We didn't eat until late, just bread and cheese with the wine, so I was a tad light headed by the end of the tastings!

Well, here's one for all the lovers tonight ...... I was just going thro my portfolio and recall I enjoyed taking this piccie because I was allowed to set it up in a shop for their advertising purposes and just enjoyed the bits and pieces I put together to pleasant effect.

Just feeling a bit sad. I enjoyed taking piccies.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home