Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Grrrrr

Some time between 4.50pm and 7.20pm today, while I was prostrate upon my bed with a nasty ol' headache, someone added insult to injury and stole my new car aerial!!!!
Jeez, that's annoyed me!
Approaching my car I thought it looked different, then realised my aerial was missing again. I looked around at cars parked nearby to see if any were sporting a new aerial that looked like mine but found that two OTHERS also appeared to be denuded of aerials! How come that happens in broad daylight???
The cars are parked right opposite my house and had I been sitting here working I probably would have seen the culprits.
Got a service ... the car I mean! ... on Friday. I'll see if they can fit and super glue one! Actually someone did suggest using super glue but if the car wash managed to rip the last aerial out of its seating I'd be worried that next time it would rip off the whole roof and I'd find myself sitting in a convertible!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why in the world would someone go around stealing antennas off cars? What could they possible do with them? Sounds like a kids' prank to me. Do you think super-gluing it would make it sturdy enough? I think mine screws off. At least, the one I had before this, that was just like it, the antenna was that way. In fact, it would loosen up, and I would have to check it every so often to be sure it was tight. I think that was so you could take it off to go through the car wash, but I never did. The one I go to uses high water pressure to clean, not brushes.

Wed Jun 08, 03:20:00 am 2005  
Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

I know its only a car but this is always upsetting. I've got an old Peugeot Cabriolet GT but I've always loved it. I can see it parked from my house and a few years ago somebody stripped every bit of trim from it while it was parked up. It looked naked. At the time there were three or four of the same cars in the area. I walked past one and I know - I just know - that the full trim on that car was mine. I welled up with tears and fury and had to stop myself from stripping it all off as I would probably have got arrested.

Wed Jun 08, 07:58:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

I've started using the high pressure hose wash more often pjay, it's more fun + exercise AND it cleans the sills much better than the drive-thru. You ask WHY someone would do that? Well, 3 aerials sold would make some money to support a habit? I've no idea how much drugs cost but it goes on, I understand and if a few more went missing along the culprits route s/he could make a pretty penny.
Morning, like you, my reaction was to think "Bugger, now I have to buy a new one."
Mentioned it to a guy and his reaction was "You'd better find another Yaris!"
Hell, I can't reach my own to unscrew, I have to wait for someone tall to come along and do it for me. I'd look a bit obvious scrambling up the back of someone's car, wouldn't I?
The nuisance is that it's bound to happen again, just a matter of time. Maybe one just has to think of it as part of the running costs?
Hmm, reminds me, the insurance must be due and I haven't had a renewal notice yet.

Wed Jun 08, 08:28:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home