Saturday, September 17, 2005

Bicyle bicyle ... I like to ride my bicycle - fat bottomed girls they make the rocking world go round

Well, thank goodness for gals with a derriere! Is all I can say.

This mini petrol crises, that wasn't one, it did make me think (not for long, I've a short attention span as well as a low boredom threshold).

I could very probably get to local jobs on a bike. Mind you, if I wobble and fall off then that's one HECK of a lot of camera equipment that stands to be smashed and I'm not sure that my insurers want to hear from me again, any too soon. I could have a little basket on the front, well, it'd need to be a big one. But would carrying a stone (NB 14 lbs ) at the front, basket attached to the handle bars make the bike go wobbly and in the wrong direction??

Does anyone follow my thought processes??? Bill??? You still with me???

So, I DO have a little bike which I bought in Portugal and rode about 5 times. That was the flasher's fault. Remember him? I decided if I rode past quickly, it wouldn't be worth his while flashing at me, cos I'd be going too fast to see anything.

All that happened was that dogs chased me instead. Why don't dogs like bikes?? One dog even went for my car the other week. I just think he knew that I was in it

Now, shall I continue about bicycles or meander on to 'dogs that have attacked me'?

I've started, so I'll fnish.

This little bike, it's a kiddy one, of course, and it's only got 4 gears and the last time I rode it, it was blooming exhausting.

So I went into the bike shop today and had a look see at mountain bikes (well, we DO have the Wolds, but I wasn't thinking of biking in that direction). Of course they brought out a kiddy one. I said "Look, I'm a growed up! I want a growed up's bike!" So they brought out the smallest growed up bike they had in the shop to satisfy my ego. On tippy toes I could actually just reach the ground. (but in doing so it reminded me that I should look through the accessories and find a comfy 'lady seat')

However, I don't want mud and rain sprayed up my back so want a wimpy rear mudguard (not forgetting the basket on the front) which means that I have to go a frame down in size cos that attaches to the seat post, which will have to be raised.

End of story, that one's boring now. (I've got a brochure and going to ponder on alloy v. steel and front suspension thingies or not)

AND why have all the ladies bikes got purple or pink on them????? I want a nice one tone silver one! Spose I could spray paint it?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moped?

Sat Sept 17, 09:00:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

I haven't been moping!!!
......
Oh come on, I need SOME street cred! You'll be suggesting one of the bicycles with an engine next, the type you can either pedal or let the engine take over.

Sat Sept 17, 10:13:00 am 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went through this 'pick a bike' thing a year ago. My stepson-out-law is big into bicycles & gave me some very useful tips. Give me a shout & I'll pass on his words of wisdom.

Wed Sept 21, 11:08:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home