Monday, September 12, 2005

Texting

I suddenly realised today that I had a job in 10 mins time, half an hour away and I was still in pj's so made a call to ask if the people involved could still be around in 40 mins time. However, having only managed to announce who I was (am) the line went dead. Since the call was to an RNLI guy I thought he might have been tossing .. on t'north sea and lost the signal, so I sent him a text instead.
"Will the ladies still be around for a picture in half an hour?"
Reply
"Wyers"
I wondered if he was telling me there was a problem with his line.
"I don't understand wyers, sorry. Shall I come over to take a picture?"
"Wyes"
Which isn't quite Wyers, is it?
In the end I just sent back "OK" having figured the guy was trying to say "Yes"
Have to remember that some people still use mobiles for telephoning and don't really do texting.
I've just opened my 02 bill. I think I should give up texting! I could have paid one third of a month's mortgage on the texts over and above 300 this month!
Maybe I should change providers and find one that gives me 500 texts free per month?
Ok, spam me, spam me, fight for my business!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-)

I get 5 free texts a day from ~Orange.

Maybe you need to find an alternative exercise for your fingers...

Mon Sept 12, 10:54:00 am 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me laugh. The thought of a naturist in pjs.
:-)

Mon Sept 12, 02:34:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Well when I'm doing my 'An Englishman's home is his castle' thing and have the drawbridge pulled up and don't answer the knocks there's a tendency for people to look in the window to see if I'm shamming or not!
Even naturist feel the chill! Prick us, do we not bleed??

Mon Sept 12, 03:29:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't got close enough to one to try yet....

Mon Sept 12, 04:02:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

You could walk further along the beach next time you're in Brighton and put your camouflage suit on? They'd never notice you weren't one of them?
As it were.
Just don't sit on the stones jingling the change in your pocket!

Mon Sept 12, 04:05:00 pm 2005  
Blogger ScaryCheri said...

ever figure out what "Wyers" and "Wyes" mean? I'm a big texter myself but that's like a whole different language.

Also wanted to say thanks so much for pulling out your angel cards on me the other day....your comment was very warm and fuzzy and I really appreciate it....so very much :)

Wed Sept 14, 11:57:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Wyers and wyes, was just an inept attempt at saying 'yes'! I think the guy's son had put the mob on predictive texting and the guy didn't know how to work it!

Cheri, you're welcome, sweet. I just felt I had to do that and I thought the message entirely appropriate. I'll read your site to see how you are getting on. In the meantime, hope you are doing OK, of course.
Chin up chuckie! xx

Thu Sept 15, 01:03:00 am 2005  
Blogger ScaryCheri said...

All is well in the land of Cheri!
Can't let it be any other way than well now can I ;)

Thu Sept 15, 05:50:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home