Saturday, September 10, 2005

Spontaneity

I received, just a couple of days ago, the latest edition of BN, the UK naturist organisation's quarterly magazine. I thumbed through to look at naturist clubs closest to me.
The nearest club I had actually visited (in winter) a couple of years ago but thought I'd like to go a little further afield so I gave Yorkshire Sun Society a call.
A very pleasant club secretary said to just call when I wanted to visit and he'd be around to let me in.
I had suggested maybe next week (dependent upon weather) but I had a little think to myself. The sun was shining, it was 25 deg, I had one job to do and the rest of the day/evening free (glory be, what bloody change). So I grabbed a towel (essential equipment for naturists to park your botty on) and a book and off I drove into the wild blue yonder. Yayyyyyyyy
An hour and 10 mins later I rang the Club Sec and said "I'm 5 mins away, you gonna let me in??"
He was very nice and showed me around the club facilties - to such an extent that by the time we'd finished the sun had gone in!!!
However, he suggested that the Club visitors' caravan might be free - and it was. I had my swim bag in the car with shower stuff, someone found me clean bedding, another lady gave me a meal and I was provided with the makings for a cuppa. I drove the car up to the van and had to flash a bunny rabbit 5 times to make it shift! Installed in the van I made a cuppa and sat back reading my book. ahhhhhhhhh Later, members arrived for their weekend visit, the bar opened up and a complete strange among about 30+ people I was chatting with them like I'd known them since for ever. Naked people, half naked people, dressed people.
Now some would think this strange and yet it was entirely comfortable and so very friendly.
It was drizzly this morning so I put my likkle ankle wellie boots on and a short jacket (yep, that's all) and had a little walk around the site's 26 acres. Not all of them, mind.
I had a lovely visit.
Y'know, i think I might visit a few more clubs.
Maybe my visits could be the subject of a book ... the reception of single ladies visiting naturist clubs in the UK. Why stop there??? The worlds' my oyster!
I've been on the beach at Cap d'Agde, "Naked City" but not yet into the town. Maybe it deserves a visit?

6 Comments:

Blogger Angel! said...

I so couldn't go to such places. I'd always look at the men's "goodies"...

But, I'd love to read all about your journeys!

Sat Sept 10, 11:59:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Oh, you can still look - but not touch!!!
Actually, one tends to look at people's faces and forget the other bits.

Sun Sept 11, 12:01:00 am 2005  
Blogger Wendy said...

Actually, it sounds pretty cool. Very liberating.

Sun Sept 11, 02:12:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

It makes holiday packing a doddle - a family of four 2 + 2 anklebiters can get all their clothes in one hold all. Knickers, T's and trackie each don't take up an awfa lot of space!
Hmmm, I'll see if I can find a ref. to Cap D'Agde

Sun Sept 11, 10:39:00 am 2005  
Blogger Phil said...

I've always enjoyed skinny dipping. We have our own pool so I go all of the time in the summer. Now it's getting chilly on the willy if you get my point (nudge, nudge, say no more)

Thu Sept 15, 03:05:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Potential visitors should telephone what number ???

Thu Sept 15, 06:30:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home