Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Don't know how the hell to tag ....

But I understand I've been 'tagged' and I'm to copy this list of questions and give my replies and it was Bluefluff's fault!
Nothing erudite here!

1. Number of books I have owned
Lots and lots, shelves and boxes full of 'em. When we moved house in '87 most of the books stayed in their boxes. I learned to use the library instead. Was getting through about 10 books a week at one point and that would have been far too expensive a hobby. Mainly fiction 'rubbish' but I apparently needed them at the time to live my life vicariously through others.
Then I went and got my own life.
However, that life turned a bit shite for a while, which resulted in my not being able to read at all. For two years I had one book, A Traitor to Memory by Elizabeth George and I couldn't get beyond page 5.

2. Last book I bought:
I bought two, at the aiport on way to Spain, Michael Connelly - The Closers and Stephen Clarke - Merde actually.

3. Last book I completed:
Merde actually!
I've got one half-written - though looking through it, it needs re-writing so badly that I think I should just start again!

4. Five books that mean a lot to me:
Elizabeth George's Traitor to Memory I finally managed to read this all the way through after my hysterectomy to remove cancer. I was suppose to rest for three months and though I was climbing chairs on the 3rd week after the op, to take a photograph and set myself back two weeks, I eventually heeded the dr's advice and took to my bed occasionally. It didn't matter that I nodded off whilst reading the book and eventually I was able to read more and more until I finally finished it and even trotted off to buy another.

203 Ways to Drive a Man Wild in Bed This was a fun and interesting read and made me realise that there were only a few that I didn't know anyway ;) (ps, there were lots of repeats!)

Writers Handbook A couple of times I've looked in this book to send a photograph to a newspaper or magazine on spec and it's been accepted. Them as don't try, don't get!

To Mum - A gift book written by children for mothers everywhere, edited by Richard and Helen Exley for my birthday about 9 years ago, signed by my son, Charles "Thanks for everything over the past 18 years 9 months, all my love, chas x AND Great Thoughts on the Grand Game of Golf, from Victoria, with xx's. When I had to pack all my worldly goods into three suitcases, these were the first two items.

Yellowhead I've no idea who wrote the bok but I read it when I was about 9. I can't even remember what it was about, apart from a blondy curly haired little boy, but it made me cry.

I love travel books and dictionaries and maps (if they count).

5. Which five bloggers are you gonna tag?
I think this means who am I going to nominate to answer the questions above. Since I've no idea how to tag, I'll just say feel free to answer them, to anyone, in comments below!

5 Comments:

Blogger pal said...

I've been tagged already :-) Thanks for your visit. I have enjoyed reading about your selection

I see you rate maps. My hubby reckons there is as much to read in a map as in a book, give him the choice he would go for a map every time!

Tue Sept 06, 11:03:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Maps brought physical geography alive for me in lessons. Well, once I'd had my first foreign trip and could see from the air I was well chuffed, like looking at a map in 3D. OH, it was!!!! :)

Tue Sept 06, 04:54:00 pm 2005  
Blogger bluefluff said...

I understand I've been 'tagged' and I'm to copy this list of questions and give my replies and it was Bluefluff's fault!


Here I am, seething with guilt (not!). It was fun reading your answers, Pyk, & mine were only erudite cos I've led shuch a sheltered & limited life :-)
My husand & son read maps "for fun" - so did my mum - so you're in good company there, as far as I'm concerned.

Thu Sept 08, 04:24:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Erudite - bet Jilly Cooper's glad there's the like o' me about! :)

You know the only book title I actually remembered there was 'Yellowhead' !!!! I am, and have always been, dreadful at remembering authors' name, even ones I've thoroughly enjoyed. I have read quite a few classic books - I remember that much - but by whom?? NO I-D-E-A! When I pick one up in the library I have to either look at the year it was published or read the first page to assess whether I've read it before or not! It's damned annoying - I should have made a list somewhere along the way and memorised authors I enjoy!

Thu Sept 08, 12:05:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read maps for fun too....

Thu Sept 08, 02:21:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home