Thursday, September 15, 2005

Time for a picture



This was the job I was late for. What a cheeky lady, poking 'er tongue out at me! These two ladies, Mary, left, and Vera helped in the rescue of a couple of youngsters who drifted out to sea at Mablethorpe, recently.

Vera was a good sport sitting in the boat!

Tora and Danny received their anniversary pressie, a set of Morse videos. Since we used to live just outside Oxford I thought that the scenes in Morse might help any homesick pangs Tora might have (they live in Alaska), while providing entertainment for them both. Tora was pretty chuffed saying in her email that she was "irrationally excited about them" and an uncountable number of !!!!!!s ... wonder where she gets that from ???????

Slack-ish time at the moment.

I had a hair cut. I took a picture of people panic-buying petrol then nipped home and joined the end of the queue! The weekend will be busy and I decided I needed a full tank to make sure I'm mobile. No pictures = no money. Of course the panic's died down now .. but I still topped it up tonight!

Got a wedding fayre at the weekend. I do hope it's fine weather.

I made a suggestion that the magazine, Lincolnshire Life, aquire a sash for me to wear at evening functions (why stop at evening?) Though I do tell people which publication I'm taking pictures for, I thought it might encourage more people to buy the magazine in case they're pictured in it! I suggested black with, say, gold lettering (to go with my evening garb) and blow me down if they didn't think it was a good idea and they should be here in about 10 days time. They? I can pretend I'm (Miss) Ms World wearing it!!!

Chatting with a crime prevention volunteer at Alford Youth Advice Centre (multi-user provision), I showed him mine and he showed me his ... camera, whatever are you thinking of? ... and on his were ... a couple of pictures of me! I've asked him to email me one since it's not often I get caught by the lens! Well, he said it was me. I think it was someone with much larger thighs!

Ok, bed time! Night night.

7 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Lovely picture, what sweet looking ladies. I enjoyed (and know the Tommy Cooper type) the joke, thanks for stopping by.
"A termite walks in to a pub and asks Is the Bar-Tender here?"
nite, nite ;-)

Thu Sept 15, 03:11:00 am 2005  
Blogger ScaryCheri said...

Now all you need is a Tiara! Make sure you practice your wave!

Thu Sept 15, 05:48:00 am 2005  
Blogger Wendy said...

Those little ladies are so cute, I want to squeeze 'em!

Thu Sept 15, 07:30:00 am 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with the sash.... can we have a picture?

Thu Sept 15, 01:22:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

No you can't have a piccie GW ... how the heck do I take one of myself? Ping! I could do my 'shove the camera into a stranger's hands' trick, huh??

Wendy: I didn't notice Vera was poking her tongue out when I took the photograph - good job I took two, the little tinker!

I think I should practice my walk in stilettoes, as well 'cheri!!!

Is the bar-tender here ...... ROTFL ..... arghghghghg, is the bar-tender here, snort .... is the .... like it :phil

Thu Sept 15, 05:43:00 pm 2005  
Blogger ScaryCheri said...

took me forever to get the termite joke the first time I heard it...lol

Fri Sept 16, 11:19:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Actually, it took me a minute or two, too ;)

Doesn't it make you feel think when you can't understand jokes?

Sat Sept 17, 12:04:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home