Tuesday, September 27, 2005

When I lay me down to sleep

I do it here ... sleep, that is. Went to visit a friend who has a shop with linens and shades and curtains, etc a couple of days ago and while waiting I had a little mooch and was overcome with the urge to change the look of my bedroom a little. Previously the curtains were cream and the duvet sets in terracotta. I seem to have a thing about terracotta. Two years after decorating the bedroom I re-decorated the sitting room and didn't realise until it was finished that it was ... terracotta and cream. Well, I never did! I obviously like the earthy colours.
The window drape and cushions and duvet are in the new colours and make the room much brighter. Of course I won't desert my terracotta and on laundry days will ring the changes but tonight I shall be sleeping in 'Lenor'ed' fresh linen, all newly ironed, amidst downy pillows and duvet, like a likkle chick in a nest!
Awwwww.
This is the easiest way to show my daughter my pix since her hotmail isn't very happy about the size of files.
So, Tor, here it is!

8 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Very cozy, pretty room! You would love the desert Southwest of the U.S. All of the outdoors is terracotta, especially in the evening and morning. Of course there is a lot of browns and such...but, I think you would like it here. I have earthy colors in my house too. Very grounding and easy on your eyes.

Tue Sept 27, 03:56:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Thank you, Wendy.
I have driven, the first time accompanied, to Las Vegas from Dallas, that was up thro OK, across New Mexico, into Arizona and then Nevada. I have to say the New Mexico and OK parts were mile after mile of first grass and then not a great deal.
HOWEVER ... alone I drove from Brownsville, Tx thro San Antonio, close by the Big Bend Park, up thro New Mexico into Az and then thro Nevada to Las Vegas and that was a different drive altogether. The eeriness of Big Bend, the desert and cacti in New Mexico, driving route 66, more verdant Arizona and mountains that never seemed to get closer. I did that trip in three days. I stopped for the last night just across the Hoover Dam - actually I drove over the river at the bottom of the valley cos the alert was on for potential bombs (a few days after 9/11) and I followed the trucks which weren't allowed across the dam). Looking out toward Las Vegas there was a yellow pall over the city. After after all that lovely fresh air, too!
You've got BIG COUNTRY, haven't you?? I figured the whole of the UK could fit inside Tx with room left over!

Tue Sept 27, 09:47:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

You're to be complimented, Pete (well, Angie is!) since your makeover inspired me. However, my bedroom is seldom going to reach temperatures of 32deg C plus, unless I wham up the heating, since it's not in Spain!

Tue Sept 27, 01:47:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Is the air con in the guest room, too? I don't think a bedside candle's going to overheat me though.
Gosh, how exciting!

Tue Sept 27, 03:22:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great, thanks Mum.

Sun Oct 02, 02:35:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

saves you the airfare and time of a visit !!!!! But it'll be me pond hopping next!!! Yayyyyyyyy xxx

Sun Oct 02, 02:48:00 am 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, and I'm looking forward to it.

Mon Oct 03, 06:38:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

I have had a look at fares but they're still at silly prices. Might check my Continental airmiles to see how many trips I can make to the US on those ... think it might have been two and I have a feeling they don't expire.
You'll be able to mark the dates on your new calendar. love you, tor xxxx

Mon Oct 03, 12:26:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home