Sunday, September 25, 2005

Why?

When one is in a hurry, does the computer decide to take forever to boot up and then plays silly devil when trying to upload???? Lor, that's frustrating. OK.

The fruits of my labours - the tomatoes ripened and almost ripened and there are still green ones on the vine but since it's now got cold some of them are splitting so I've had to have a harvest.

I found a recipe for chutney which requires a variet of herbs, which I do have but it occurred to me that I have some mulled wine sachets and I think they very probably contain similar herbs and spices to those required in the recipe and using one of the sachets will save me having to cut up a handkerchief (brand new, I should add) to make a bag to hold the herbs. I still have to go buy the vinegar and Lord knows what I'm going to put the finished chutney in but no doubt I'll figure that out, too. Think I'll see if I can find a bike spanner today, I'm impatient to get on my bicycle and my neighbour has gone away for the weekend.

Mind you, it's raining today and I still don't want spray up my back! I decided to ring the changes in bed linen and bought a new duvet set, cushion covers and curtains so that's another jobette. I tend to think I can do everything instantly, which is a mistake since things always take longer than expected anyway and I have a job in 30 mins which no doubt I'll burn rubber to get to on time and come to a skidding halt, when I run in and arrive! It's in St James's Church so I'd better try to skid with dignity! Here we go ..... whoooooooooooooooshhhhhhhhhhh .............



Drat, I wish editing wouldn't create huge gaps ........ 4 hrs later, got to church on time, one of the Curates to the Team Parish was exhorting me to take the picture of the Rev with his photograph and I was trying to tell her it was upside down!
Nipped into Yorkshire trading and multipurpose bike spanner, lights and puncture kit to have a go at Cecily AND a mallet for the tent (still pristine in it's wrappers).
Also bought a £1.99 radio with earphones since I can't use my car one thanks to little tykes who stole the aerial making it a £200 jobbie to fix. I've been missing Radio 4 and managed to plug in on the way to Mablethorpe to catch the Archers. Haven't heard that for ages!

We've got one of the cast Members - Christine - living locally. She's a super patchworker, makes them by hand and sews while she's waiting her turn when broadcasting.

At Mablethorpe there was a cheque presentation to the RNLI and was waylaid by a couple, Pat and Frank Flint, who run an art group to do a little piece about an exhibition they personally and their art group are holding. I said I'd take a pic of one of Pat's paintings I have at hanging at home for an illustration.

Then Phil and Malk from The Dunes caught me as I was about to zoom off to say the Tennyson players have a show there this afternoon.

Promised I'd return but also had a call from Patrick one of my reporters to grab a piccie on my way through Alford of the Manor House, a sneak preview now the re-thatching has been completed.

Took the opportunity of a quick coffee with a friend to hear how his romance is going. It isn't.

Back for a 30 lap swim, put the washing out cos it's sunny now.Taken a piece of chicken out to defrost for dinner and now zooming off to at St Michael's - it's the church's patronal festival, then back to Mablethorpe.

Have to write a couple of pieces later, deal with the pix and have had a text asking if I'll be going over to the pub quiz tonight.

I'd like to but want to get the work out of the way for the subs for Monday and then there'll be some ironing.

Zoom zoom. Wonder if I can fit in a short ride later???

Drat, better see if I can get the remainder of the chutney ingredients.

Whooooooooooooooo sssssssssshhhhhhhhhh ............

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice fruits by the way.

Mon Sept 26, 09:56:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

I've had an email from my daughter after reading this, telling me to wear a helmet and to be careful on the roads! Bless x

Wed Sept 28, 07:23:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home