Sunday, September 18, 2005

Dumb dumb dumb dumb (hum along)

!
Awwww, nice frock! I want a wedding frock. I don't have to have the wedding, just the frock. I could flounce around cleaning the bathroom, putting out the washing. I could run up and down the street in it if I wanted.

I was taking piccies at a Wedding Fayre organised by Lincolnshire Life magazine today and the dresses were soooo pretty.

Also took some shots of people looking at the various stands, including one couple who'd organised their entire wedding in a week and they're getting married on October 29 ... Amazing that some people take years in the planning.

My word though it's expensive to get married. Mind you, it's even more expensive to get divorced!


Aw Shucks

A lady in her 70's, last night said to me: "Hello, Julie, how are you? You are looking well. You know, you get prettier and prettier each time I see you."

I figure her eyesight must be going!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

What was the price tag on that dress? Do you know?

Mon Sept 19, 08:28:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

The collection included Italian, British and French designers with a section in totally organic silk. Can't recall which section this one came from (need to run thro the pix in order) but this one was among a fantastic range of heart squeezingly beautiful frocks. From the whole collection they started at £2K .... which I presume would be the 'plainer' ones ... so I spose you can make your own assessment??
Whatever, it's a lotta money for something you'd only wear once. Personally I think I'd have a naturist wedding and save the money or spend it on the party afterwards. Mind you, I don't know that many people that'd strip off to be a wedding guest!
Anyway, it's not a problem I'm likely to come across!!!!

Mon Sept 19, 10:50:00 am 2005  
Blogger Wendy said...

beautiful dress. i think you should by one and post a pic of you actually cleaning in it. That would be awwsome!

I can't relate to expensive wedding. Me and hubby went to the justice of the peace, I wore hiking boots and shorts. We dined at Arby's and twinkies were our wedding cake. With rings et al, we spent a little over $200. We will have been married 10 years this November. $ does not a happy marriage make...

Tue Sept 20, 04:55:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Hey, you get a very good value meal at Arby's!!!
I agree that having money doesn't necessarily make a happy marriage but too little can put a lot of stress on it! Maybe even too much??
I suppose it's all down to love and respect.

Tue Sept 20, 11:43:00 am 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Pyk! Where is that woman? I could use a good word like that. Wow, bet you were floating for days!

Thu Sept 22, 03:39:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Well hello! I awoke thinking about you and wondering where you'd got to. Will have to hie my donkey over to t'other Pyks to see what's up!
Yes, I did wonder about writing about this, it seems terribly vain but y'know it doesn't happen often that someone pays such a lovely compliment and maybe it's a lesson to us all that we can brighten up someone's day with a word of kindness or a small compliment?
I think, at one time, it was considered rude to make personal comments (maybe it still is???) but if it's a NICE one then does it matter?

Thu Sept 22, 09:16:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home