Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Biting the bullet

Before relaxing into a stupor on Friday evening, a friend mentioned he'd had some luck with one of the companies who undertake to complain for one (at a cost) about mortgage endowment policies which are projected to fall short.
Mine's on 'red alert', harumph.
As said friend pointed out, it costs nothing (well, it doesn't HAVE to cost anything) to complain and "them as don't ask don't get".
While on the subject of asking, it's come to my notice that many people in this part of the world actually say 'ast' rather than ask, and that rhymes with the chast bit of chastity (cos you wouldn't say 'charstity', but some people may say 'parst', as opposed to 'past', so I couldn't use past as an example .... did I have a parenthesis somewhere back there?)
Martin's Money Tips, which the Cheeky Boy (CB) suggested I subscribe to, came up with yet another piece of advice on complaining about these policies so I scuttled over there (Which) and they actually compose the letter for you, where one ticks the paragraphs that pertain to one's own circumstances and hey presto, a formal, unemotional letters results.
One of which is now signed, folded and enveloped, by the front door, ready for me to pick up on t'way out in t'morning for da post.
I may as well try to do something about it, doncha think?
At least I feel like I've tried ... and one can do no more than try, huh?
I'm also trying to figure why my front room looks 'empty'.
I used that word advisedly - anyone who's been in here certainly wouldn't call it empty since when there's more than just myself present, visitors have to make appointments to move around!
However, I've come to the conclusion tis because there are no flowers in residence in the corner!
Now that, being a floral-free zone, was an almost constant state of affairs up until a few months ago but since the advent of CB as my 'fwend', more often than not a vase of flowers brightens up the room. Sometimes I get them for myself, too, for a dash of colour but only since I'd been reminded how lovely they look, having been presented them as a gift.
I should add, here, that there was a bunch until a couple of days ago, from CB but he hasn't been over for a few days, having had a jolly up in Scotland.
OH, no-one's commented how awful my hair looks so I must have got away with it. I did used to cut it myself quite regularly ... ALL over, not just the fringe. I got away with it then, too, until I occasionally did visit a hairdresser who would say "WHO cut YOUR hair???" Obviously they must have thought I was a client of Vidal Sasoon and wonder why I was coming down, so, in the world, non? :)
Well, I think my bread roll for tomorrow's lunch must have defrosted by now and I'd best go make it now so I only have to grab it out of the fridge in the morning.
I try to get organised the night before work so I can make a quick exit. However, I'm beginning to think there's a fine line between compulsion and organisation!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home