Sunday, March 19, 2006

Le Weekend

Very tortoiselike I got through my chores today, stopping every now and again to lounge on the bed or sofa to read.

Partied a little too vigorously on Friday, again! Nothing to do with being St Pat's night ... in fact we were planning how to celebrate St George's day on April 23rd! Toddled home at 4.30 but none the worse for wear in the morning.

However, I decided I needed to chill out so spent the day, Saturday, in bed, with a new book, reading and napping and nipping downstairs occasionally to make a cuppa or a snack. I actually slept the whole night through as well so I can only concur that I needed the relaxing day.

Up early today to get the laundry on the go, cleaned kitchen floor, hoovered, etc so I haven't been totally listless and useless!

I was glad to have time to get into my book. I've had it a while but only had time for a page here and there and with the fuzzy eyes (stil) I have to keep resting but I'm now thoroughly enjoying ... if enjoying is quite the word I'm looking for... reading The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists by Robert Tressell.

I meant to get a trim on Saturday but have saved myself the visit today - took the scissors to the front of my hair myself, now I can wait a couple of weeks more! :) Must get a bigger puddin' basin!


1 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

You are very brave to cut your own hair. I would make a real mess of it, I'm sure. I have a fringe and it ends up way past my eyes before I find the time to get a haircut. :-)

Mon Mar 20, 12:41:00 am 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home