Thursday, June 09, 2005

I just need a little rant

I wrote out my list of chores to nip around the town and fulfil after having a hair cut and off I dashed. I didn't dash fast enough and got back to the car park 10 mins after my time expired. I knew, I just knew I was going to get a parking fine today. Why the hell didn't I get back faster then?
It was just the right sort of time for it ... 4.27 (should have been back at 4.17) ... on a Thursday, half day closing, when the car park was half empty and no one was getting irate looking for a parking space so ideal time to go slap a £30 fine on my car! £30 ... this is Louth, not London!!!!
I even knew the guy, took his picture last week and paid him £1 for half a dozen eggs. He wants a worm farm and his local councillors are debating the issue cos one of 'em says it'll smell.
It's even worse when the warden is still in evidence cos it makes you think, "If he'd started on the OTHER side of the car park ..... "
I know it's his job but fer goodness sake.
How come they're never around when the car parks are full???
Ok, finished.
But I am woman so I haven't stopped thinking about it!
Translation for my transatlantics ........ car park = parking lot. I really could never bring myself to say that when I lived in the states. It just sounds weird with an English accent. You try it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Hmmm, spose you could say I got scalped twice today!

Thu Jun 09, 06:11:00 pm 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're like me, you'll be growling to yourself about the ticket for at least a week! I got my hair cut Tuesday evening. Feels, and looks, SO much better

Fri Jun 10, 12:02:00 am 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do like this picture of you -- very fetching!

Sun Jun 12, 01:52:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Thanks, Jodie! I lost a little weight since I've been back in the UK - all the dashing about I assume since my diet is abysmal!

Sun Jun 12, 10:11:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home