Saturday, June 11, 2005

Canny Lass?

Thought I'd dodge the traffic queues into 'big town' today by driving the back routes, about 15 mins extra on the journey but at least would mean no fuming in jams and driving alone the radio (very crackly because there's no aerial!) informed me there was a jam in the town due to an accident so an additional 10 mins on the journey. I could have driven to Peterborough in the time it took me to get to Grimsby!
Left the car with a note about the aerial and I'd pick it up at 2.30pm.
First job, 10.30 realised I hadn't eaten so bought a lemon cake off the home baked stall, took a chunk out and had with coffee. Gave rest of cake to neighbours. I keep doing that, stops me eating it!
Next job a piccie of the Mayor wearing Shades 'cool mayor' for national guide dog day (22 June, wear yer shades and donate!). Unfortunately they hadn't been able to provide a blind dog so I took a stuffed toy dog along with my sunglasses and mayor looks suitably cool.
Next job, art exhibition, offered a cup of tea and - a slice of cake - Thank youuuuuu.
I think I'm getting caked out!
Collect car.
We've cured the rattling window, FREE of charge!!!!
Well, it IS still under warranty, so?
We've put new wipers on.
Why? I replaced them last December.
Erm, because the rubber cracks.
But the rubber wasn't cracked
We DID give you a reduced cost service so the cost of the wipers doesn't really count!!!
Why? Why did you give me a reduced cost service?
Erm, because we like you!!!
But you've only met me twice!
About this aerial, you haven't fixed it.
Erm, we didn't have one in stock!
Why?
Erm, if we had one in stock of everything we'd need a HUGE warehouse!!!
It's only a skinny aerial.
I'll come out and look at it with you....Hmmmm, looks like you'll need a whole new seating for it!
Why?
Erm because.
How much?
About £80.
So that little tow rag who stole my aerial initally is giving me big time expense now!
And on the spelling of tow rag .... it is NOT toe rag.
It's like waving a red rag at a bull when I see toe rag.
It's not something that one wipes toes with, but worthless bits of short fibres, hence tow rag is worthless.
Just wanted to get that off my chest.
Why did I have it in mind that services were cheap??
I was thrilled to get back and find a parking place right opposite the parcel collection office where something is awaiting my signature.
I'd like to think it's something exciting but it's probably a pack of photographs too large for the letter box.
So I thought something had gone right today ... to find that the parcel office closed two hours earlier.
So Mrs Grumpy went home and finally caught up on her sleep after last night's flood fiasco .. I hear they also went through the electricity line, that must be why my phone woke me, bleeping and what the two bangs like rifle shots were, but I was past caring then.
I've had what feels like two really tishy days and I'm fed up.
Today's horoscope, read this evening said just that, that I was fed up and that I should go to the pub.
So I did and met a really night girl who's going to give me journo link and her mum's email!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pyk, as the saying goes, "If it wasn't bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all!" Or at least that seems to be the case for the past couple of days. I do hope it gets much better soon.

I like the idea of using the stuffed dog with sunglasses in lieu of a real guide dog, under the circumstances. I hope the fund raiser campaign is highly successful. We have a local organization in Alaska that raises funds for police dogs; not sure about guide dogs.

Sun Jun 12, 01:50:00 am 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Pic posted for you Jodie!
I think I like your saying about luck. I decided to hole up after work and spend my time sewing .. are eyes of needles getting smaller?

Sun Jun 12, 10:09:00 am 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know your pics are copyrighted, but I took the liberty of copying your photo to my drive, along with some of our OWBB photos. Izzat okay?

And yes, the eyes of all my needles have all shrunk down to practically invisible. Darn.

Wed Jun 15, 07:22:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Them as don't ask, don't get. Yes, you're welcome, Jodie!

Wed Jun 15, 08:16:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home